ID:193372

Assuming I spent just about a month of time creating Echelon -which includes play testing and bug smashing, besides the usual graphical and code work-, and assuming I spent 8 hours a day working on it, that means I made exactly 1.6 cents an hour as a programmer. That means it would take me three hours of work to be able to afford a Jolly Rancher at 7-11. And more than three days of effort to be able to afford a donut most anywhere, not to mention to withdrawl barrier which I've yet not managed to break in the first place.

So, in conclusion, I've made exactly -$1.00 for the month of work I put into that game. And I thought programmers got paid a lot :)
Awakening wrote:
So, in conclusion, I've made exactly -$1.00 for the month of work I put into that game. And I thought programmers got paid a lot :)

Don't get me started :)
I only made $1.50 for the 15 minutes of coding I did on Snow Boarder.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I only made $1.50 for the 15 minutes of coding I did on Snow Boarder.

Maybe if every 15 minutes you spent time making another game like snow boarder and then after a full 24 hours you can have 96 games making you $1.50 each! :) but that probably wouldn't work. If it did you would make $144 in 24 hours so you would make areound $6 per hour which isn't that bad I guess.

Wall04
Awakening wrote:

I've been programming for the last ten or so years.. The only money I've ever made in that time totals about $30, which I got in one week for writing two people's final projects. Hey, it's not about the money, though. At least, it's not about the money until I need it..

--Tarmas.