ID:179434

How do I make it so a procedure is constantly called after it is completed?

How do I check if user is looking at a statpanel?

How do I check if a player has logged in the first time. (I'm not sure hoe to use deadron's library)do I redefine the proc?

How do I see if when I player selects a name that no one else has that name and if someone else does how do I rerun the procedure.
Exadv1 wrote:

mob/proc/procname()
src<<"Called"
sleep(10)
procname()

How do I see if when I player selects a name that no one else has that name and if someone else does how do I rerun the procedure.

mob/Login()
NAME
var/Name = input("What's your name?")
for(var/mob/M in world)//loops through everyone in the game
if(Name = M.name)
goto NAME
else
src.name=Name

In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Exadv1 wrote:

> mob/proc/procname()
> src<<"Called"
> sleep(10)
> procname()
>

I think that would stop the mob that called it. This might be better:
mob/proc/procname()
src << "Called"
spawn(10) src.procname()
Exadv1 wrote:
How do I check if user is looking at a statpanel?

Click F1 in DreamMaker and type in statpanel to read about them.

This demo shows you how:

byond://Deadron.CharacterSaving
In response to Cinnom
I think that would stop the mob that called it. This might be better:
> mob/proc/procname()
> src << "Called"
> spawn(10) src.procname()

I still think for() loops are the best.
mob/proc/procname()
for()
src << "Called"
sleep(10) // however long to delay the proc

Can you save verbs (for example the player can buy verbs)and also I have character handling on so will their verbs be saved

[NEW]
Deadron I looked at your library and have a Question. How would I use the FirstTimePlayer proc. I can't seem to figure out how without overwriting it.

Now with the statpanel thing how would I remove it.

Also how do Idetect to see if someone moved away from a location. Like for example they moved away from a door that takes 15 seconds to open and when they are out of oview(1) the countdown to open it terminates.

I'm using the missle library and I wam wondering. How do I detect if it ever reaches its destination?

In response to Exadv1
Exadv1 wrote:
Deadron I looked at your library and have a Question. How would I use the FirstTimePlayer proc. I can't seem to figure out how without overwriting it.

Not quite sure what you mean...the library doesn't do anything with the class/proc, so it's there for you to handle however you want...

mob/BaseCamp/FirstTimePlayer
FirstTimePlayer()
src << "Hi this is your first time ever in this game! Please answer these questions..."
// Ask questions
// If they are allowed to login, return 1.
return 1

No one has actually used this, so I might need to make changes if you figure out what you want to do with it.
In response to Deadron
O, I thought you did it in /mob/proc or /mob.