ID:137370

We have switched on the new channel system. There are still a few new features in the works (such as forums integrated into the hub).

If your game did not happen to get seeded into the new system, simply go to your hub control panel, click on the item, and then go to "distribution". From there, you can choose a channel to submit to. The channel admins will then give it a fair review and get back to you with any questions or requests.

In general, a game should not be submitted until it has all of the basic ellements of a playable game. Until you are ready for that, any game session can be aired in BYOND.Live's live game section, so it is not like your game is being censored. People can also find it by searching the hub and, of course, you are free to publish your game's hub page from anywhere on the net or in other channels that may spring up.

--Dan
Neato! I'm still waiting for Shooting Gallery to be accepted into BYOND.solo...
Dan wrote:
We have switched on the new channel system.

Are you implying that you actually have a physical lever to pull?

Neato! I've always wanted to pull a lever to turn something on.
Hey! When are we going to be able to change the channels our games show up in?

Z

I want my MTV!
In response to Zilal
Zilal wrote:
Hey! When are we going to be able to change the channels our games show up in?

Just go to the hub entry and then to "distribution".

I want my MTV!

That's next...
YAY! My dbz game isn't on the hub anymore!! Nice job on the new hub too! =D
Can we create our own channels? like a group/team gets together and makes a channel?
In response to SuperAshing
You can delete the hub entry for your DBZ game if you really wanted it off the hub.
In response to unimatrix
unimatrix wrote:
Can we create our own channels? like a group/team gets together and makes a channel?

Yes. In the TOC on the left of this page, click "Hub", then create a new hub entry and specify it as a channel.
In response to Deadron
It doesn't work!
In response to unimatrix
unimatrix wrote:
It doesn't work!

Yes it does!

Of course, that doesn't mean channels get automatically published anywhere. Just like other hub entries, channels are subject to the same publication strategy in which authors can submit an entry to other channels and wait for the channel admins to decide if they want to publish it.

In general, people who want to create new channels should plan to promote that channel outside of the hub, like on the web. When you create a channel, you are essentially becoming a publisher. People can submit stuff to you and you can publish it for them. That means you are in charge of getting the word out about your channel, or it defeats the whole purpose.

--Dan
In response to unimatrix
unimatrix wrote:
It doesn't work!

I've created and used several channels. It works.
In response to Dan
when I try to specify a channel name, in the box above the select, it says error doesn't exist
In response to unimatrix
unimatrix wrote:
when I try to specify a channel name, in the box above the select, it says error doesn't exist

You must enter a full hub path, such as unimatrix.channel. Did you try that?

The documentation on these new features is yet to be written, so it is helpful to know what the stumbling blocks are!
In response to Dan
So at the begining you choose publication/hub channel?