ID:137470

We have discovered the trouble that is plaguing a number of IE 6.0 users. There were reports of not being able to log into "Your Wallet" "Your Hub" etc. This was due to the browser rejecting cookies, which causes the login process to fail. (Thanks to LordJR for investigating this, by the way.)

The reason this was happening is that IE 6.0 makes use of the new P3P system for publishing privacy policies so that browsers can automatically check if the policy conforms to the user's specifications. We have now installed such a policy on the secure.dantom.com site.

We would be grateful to anyone who was having problems to please let us know if the trouble has been resolved. Because of caching, it may take 24 hours for the new privacy policy to go into effect, so keep trying for a day or two and then please let us know if it still does not work.

If you want a quicker solution, simply edit your browser preferences and turn down the cookie security level so that it automatically accepts cookies from our site.

--Dan
Yeah IE 6 was giving me trouble at first for anyone who's having trouble follow these steps

To obtain the right security level:

1. Double click on the "Internet" logo in the bottom right corner of the explorer.

2. Switch your security level to "medium-low".

To enable cookies:

1. Right click on the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop.

2.Open properties.

3. A)Go to privicy, and click the "edit" button near the bottom right corner of the pop-up box, B)or change the privicy level to "low"

4.A)Add the sites you want to accept cookies from to the list then click ok and you're done. B)Click ok and you're done.
In response to Nadrew
If your interface is like mine is, you can also set shttp://secure.dantom.com as a "trusted" site to accept cookies from, too.
In response to Lord of Water
See...I am so smart...when I tried to help SSJ Radditz to use netscape...NADREW..and you said I didn't know whut I was talkin about
In response to Bonzi
I'm sorry for that Bonzi, it was in fact me that didn't know what I was talking about.
In response to Nadrew
Ok, great. But I want it to work without anybody having to go through this hassle! Can somebody test this with just the default IE 6.0 settings in place (no special trust assigned to https://secure.dantom.com or reduced security settings)? That would be very helpful.

--Dan
In response to Dan
I reset all my settings and it worked fine for me, I had no trouble at all.
I've always hated the W3C. Hell, they're ass-backwards on everything... I mean, XML is supposed to be the next generation of HTML, but they make it so there's MORE work to do when making a webpage (they're adding a closing
tag, and some other stupidities).
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
I've always hated the W3C. Hell, they're ass-backwards on everything... I mean, XML is supposed to be the next generation of HTML, but they make it so there's MORE work to do when making a webpage (they're adding a closing </LI> tag, and some other stupidities).

I prefer writing HTML by hand and I agree that XML is not very ergonomic. On the other hand, you can do some nifty stuff once you give up and start using XML-enabled editors. I haven't made the move yet.

Having a syntax that is both human and machine readable and highly extensible is probably not even possible, at least not until the machine is more human and then we'll be in a fine pickle anyway.

--Dan