ID:138670

I have my zone system ready to go -- each guide will have their own zone which only they can build in, and zones are loaded dynamically as needed -- pending the server coming up...

Or, if the server is already up, consider this a bug report: I am told that no such server is registered when I try for dantom.
On 3/31/00 1:52 am Deadron wrote:
I have my zone system ready to go -- each guide will have their own zone which only they can build in, and zones are loaded dynamically as needed -- pending the server coming up...

Or, if the server is already up, consider this a bug report: I am told that no such server is registered when I try for dantom.

No, it's still down. I want to get to a few little changes on the hosting server before we reboot it, but if that can't be done by Fri evening or so we'll restart it nonetheless. So give it one more day. Thanks!
In response to Tom H.
Ok, the hosting server is back up at address: dantom. The hub will be back up (in efficient, non-graphical form) tonight.

I have removed all of the old .dmb files, so you'll have to reupload 222-compatible ones to your accounts.
In response to Tom H.
Thanks Tom... I'd like to be able to get files from the server, but it's still (or again) asking me if I want to run them. Also, I can't figure out how the cd command works... can I have a demonstration?

Z
In response to Zilal
On 3/31/00 9:30 am Zilal wrote:
Thanks Tom... I'd like to be able to get files from the server, but it's still (or again) asking me if I want to run them. Also, I can't figure out how the cd command works... can I have a demonstration?

Z

Hmm the run thing must be a regression, because it had switched to "get"...anyway I don't think you can use the cd command. That changes directory, and the BYOND server is (understandably) run in "Safe" mode, only allowing you to have one directory.

Tom, thanks much for putting the time into getting this up!
In response to Deadron
Oh... then is there any way to change the folder in which the Dream Seeker looks for files to put?

Z
In response to Deadron
Hmm the run thing must be a regression, because it had switched to "get"...anyway I don't think you can use the cd command. That changes directory, and the BYOND server is (understandably) run in "Safe" mode, only allowing you to have one directory.

I think that's half-right. If you ren the files, you can include path delimiters. Thus, subdirs. I'm not too sure though.
In response to Deadron
On 3/31/00 9:58 am Deadron wrote:

Hmm the run thing must be a regression, because it had switched to "get"

Yup. It's fixed now.

I was hoping to put up the simplified hub tonight, but I am going to delay until after the next update. There is a little glitch in the current version that prevents forms in conjunction with byond:// links to work properly, and I want to demo those a bit in the hub. It's neat .. you'll see!