ID:199715

Will there be any sort of browser or JavaScript interaction available for the Flash client? As it is, we still have no mouse coordinate information through DM and absolutely every project I've ever worked on in DM uses such information, via JavaScript, so lack thereof would completely shut me off to the Flash client. Even if the interaction wasn't visible, I would be happy.
Is there any information that I could get on this?
I asked about this and was told the browser wouldn't be transferred over.
Really? So we're going to be getting a Flash client, we still haven't a hard-coded method of mouse tracking, and the Flash client won't be able to use the soft-coded method? Sad day. I guess I won't be using the Flash client at all.

I was hoping to get LetterBox updated and Ultimate Jigsaw updated with multiplayer as to both be usable with the Flash client. I guess not.
I guess you can play around with FA's mouse library to get what you need.
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
I was hoping to get LetterBox updated and Ultimate Jigsaw updated with multiplayer as to both be usable with the Flash client. I guess not.

Methinks you give up to easily! I'm sure we'll have some way of replicating current functionality. The browser is difficult to integrate directly in Flash because there isn't a built in component like that.
Thank you, Tom. I wasn't going to give up on the project itself, just on the hopes of Flash functionality. I hope the browser functionality is able to be replicated, but native mouse tracking has been on the request list for years. (To be fair, with multiple maps, there doesn't seem to be a very sensible method of hard-coding it.)

@Kaigne: The issue with FA's library is that it's functionality is spotty, as far as I know, as I tried his method a long time ago. That, and it renders all other mouse functions useless.