Subject
Replies
Started By
Last Reply

Is there a quick way to refresh a displayed page generated with the submit link library. eg /proc/inventory() var/page …

1. I have no experience of the multiplayer issues for BYOND and I was wondering how the variables src and usr work in …

Is there any proc that returns a list of all objects within a certain radius of an object that isn't restricted to the …

I believe I've asked this one before, and concluded that the current behavior is desired, but let me bring it up one …

I've been thinking about how many 2D (or 2 1/2D) games allow for showing the roofs of buildings: When you can't see …

Well I've updated the CTF source to work with the current version of BYOND so I'll have it running for the GoB. But …

Hello again...ive been very busy recently and have now returned to working on my Byond project...there have been alot o …

I was musing on some of the fun simple games I've played, and thinking about how impressive it is to me that some …

I only have some vague thoughts here, but I thought I'd start getting them out there to see if they kick off anything …

In the description it implies that this new library replaces the old submitlink ("This is the next incarnation of …

I hope it fixes the path problem (especially for you Spuzzum .. it actually made sense this time). I'm a bit concerned …

Does anyone have a nice way of doing health bars over mob icons? I'm finding it hard to figure a way of doing it that …

Well, I built my first big icon tonight. It plopped onto the map without any trouble at all. Nice work, Dantom! And …

Well I went in to try and add a link to L&D in the hub, but my brain got fried and I just don't get it. I read through …

When I had set tick_lag to 0.01 in the last release, and I held down 6 on the numeric keypad (which by nature changed …

Is there any chance we'll be able to configure the background color of the statpanels someday?

First of all, we were lied to! This is NOT a minor release! It's a MAJOR release! I want my money back! Truth in …

Here's another one for The List! There's enough space to the left of the object tree's "Update" button that another …

I've only been working with Byond for a little while here, however; having done professional game development, I find a …

> The stable version of 252 (hopefully this next release, but likely a patch or two later) will be our last one for …

I tried to log in a few mins ago.. and it's telling me that my connection is messed up, or the server is down.. is my …

Is that possible? I got to work on a DMP loading routine, and I got down to a part where I've fully extracted each …

Just finished a "two hour debugging session" with Dan. Yikees! I swear, some force doesn't want us to get this …

We had some problems with the website, but it looks like things are stablizing again. Both domains should be reachable …

Here's the code, from my doors' "close" verb: var/mob/M for(M in src) M.Damage(1, "Pinched in door") M And the output: …

var/page = "" page += slSetFormButtonVal("button1"," Inventory",null,/proc/ inventorypage(src)) var/formtext = …

Here are a couple minor features I'd enjoy... 1) Right-click on an icon in the object tree (or do something similarly …

Yay! We have liftoff. I'm killing the server at newdream.net, so if you changed your dantom-address preference be sure …

As I work out my next game (never fear, one or more levels of L&D will come first), I am considering how to go about …

Well, to make $3k a day, you just gotta do that stuffing envelopes thing you get email about all the time. I leave that …

I'm not sure what the problem is with the server or connection to the new machine. I've asked Dan to take a look at it …

It looks like Move() will set the dir to 0 when it's a move between Z levels and you haven't explicitly specified a …

The dantom server is running up at polaris, but I am currently having problems connecting to it. I'll dig around to see …

Seriously! Wouldn't it be great if we could MANUALLY crash a proc, giving our own error message? Just a thought... but …

I've taken to using "usr" for a lot of my verbs. But there are some potential cases where I'm wondering if it's OK to …

We should be moving to our new server tommorow. I only mention it now because the board may go down while we get the …

obj terran equipment icon = 'terran_equipment.dmi' verb get() set src in oview(1) src.loc = usr drop() set src in usr …

I'm not sure how long ago this was, but objects that aren't visible don't appear in lists of verb arguments with …

Could max() and min() take a list of numbers as argument at some point?

Yay! Our server is online. We'll be spending the next few days setting everything up so that it can be used. Unless …

How did you achieve the opening of the doors effect in SpaceTug? Here's my code, for a game I previously was going to …

Sorry for the lack of response recently. Dan and I have both agreed on another big-coding-halt to take place after this …

If I uncomment the commented lines below, all hell breaks loose! The verb loops through the list of text strings over …

Sheep (I) crashed majorly when I purposely waded into the mouths of several hundred sheep at once. Guy, you there?

Here's an interesting tip. Or is it complete misinformation? It *seems* to work this way, but I could be all wrong …

I'm having a bit of a problem with the client.eye What I'm trying to do is to move a client mob into the contents of an …

Here's both cases that I tried, the only circumstances that seemed appropriate, and neither worked: mob Logout() …

Is there any way of allowing the text mode map to display colored text instead of just plain black and white text? Eg …

No big deal, but I'm curious whether it's me or BYOND... Doesn't compile: proc/Suck(obj/O) sleep(2) if(vacuumSource == …

The new heirarchical hub is officially replacing the old single-list hub. I just added a slightly more friendly …
Page: 1 2 3 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 171 172 173