Subject
Replies
Started By
Last Reply

I noticed this verb the other day in expansion... but what does it allow you to do? Z

On 8/8/00 12:58 pm Al wrote: > You're virtually there: > try: > > for(T in world.contents){ // or whatever list/area …

So from my experience watching them add stuff to EverQuest, and from thinking about my use of savefiles, I've come to …

First... did you guys put in support for tab stops while I was away? Second... when some of the members of a list are …

I hate going to the message boards to get help with a snippet but this time I'm really stumped. What I'm trying to do …

Just a couple of questions about the overlays var for objects. 1)Do you have to manually display the images in …

When a color is selected in the icon editor, a very faint greyish border shows up around it. It's extremely difficult …

...it's easy for BYOND to keep track of how long a player has been inactive? Not entering any commands or moving at …

I haven't been keeping up with the board latley so if anyone else has already made any of these suggestions you have …

I really am afraid of getting back into coding... I hate having to learn new things. See what happens when you take a …

These aren't impairative at the moment, but they'd be nice to have. First of all, the luminosity I noticed, only …

[continued from discussion in bug-report forum] I want to get a general consensus on the banner system we have going on …

I know I can extract only the items of a certain type from a list with something like this: var/myType/M for(M in list) …

Hey Spuzzum, how come your page doesnt work? I go to it but I cant do anything.

I thought it would be nice for everything in my world to have some physical properties, so I decided to have a base …

I almost posted this to Newbie Central because I have a feeling I'm overlooking something... well, here goes, anyway …

> Plus, despite our current freeware mentality we are capitalists at heart! Hopefully this is a reasonable compromise …

Ok, heres the problem I made an icon in another editor that's 32X32 and 256 colors. Then I imported it into the dmi …

Is there a way to retrieve an existing key we've created? Key "Gabriel" was lost when I last reloaded BYOND but I seem …

On 7/30/00 9:27 am Justin wrote: > On 7/30/00 9:27 am Justin wrote: > > The maps are small is there any way to make …

Does anyone know where I can get a simple free self explanatory 3d modeler

Playing Diablo 2 lately, and one real nice effect is when a mob gets a cold spell cast on it. First cold spell turns it …

Remember when you chose a verb and it would give you a cursor to pick what you wanted to execute the verb on? Now it …

I still can't get my casting verbs to come up for my spells. They show up in the mage spellbook like I want, but I …

From the patch release notes: > Improved the internal savefile space allocation routines. In the particular test case I …

How about calling "The Code & Demos Link on the Left Side of the Page" (TCDLLSP) something like: Examples

Anyone know when the new DM guide is going to come out?

Can anyone offer any hints and tips for making good graphics in BYOND. Oh yeah and are there any web pages with more …

All I need at this time is the sine, cosine, and tangent. If they already exist, could you direct me to them? And if …

Would anyone be interested in taking the time in teaching me how to make worlds with BYOND. I tried reading the Guide …

Here is the latest revisions made to the FAQs. Please let me know of any changes to be made. Halfway to being a full …

I think it would help people get in touch if we could submit a little bio of ourselves to a hosted community page, …

I have a Unix shell account and some free space and was wondering how to do this. Can I just load up the dmb file or do …

Consult the news page. We'll try to get it back up as soon as possible.

Wow! I never grasped this before, but all the ATOM (Area, Turf, Obj, Mob) types I've been considering as separate …

Well, I hope it's teeny, anyway. What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to have the new values in the map …

I've noticed that the dantom server seems to be hosting a lot in the last few days. That's encouraging! Unfortunately …

Is there an easy way to show icons or icon states based on what mob is looking at the map? For example, I want to …

Anybody else having trouble logging in to their world or into byond://dantom to upload files? Sometimes it just hangs …

I can't seem to think of a good simple way to determine whether an area is on the map or just a "room." I could maybe …

Sometimes I want to overlay not just an icon, but a particular state of that icon. Here's the code I used: proc …

I am new to Byond and I just know the worlds listed in the Hub, but I suggest that there are much more, because Byond …

Ok I just made this DM file: world { mob = /mob/player turf = /turf/ground } mob/player { desc = "Quite a studly dude!" …

Hello all. I think this question may be in some way related to the previous thread involving a spell system, but I …

Well I finally got my spell system working, and my ordering thing works now thanx to Tom. Now I'm having problems …

How would I test for something to check if another thing is overlapping it? (i.e. a mob standing in lava, fire burning …

Here's the latest status of the FAQs. Please let me know of any changes that need to be made to it, or anything to add …

To Dantom: Hey, Dantom, you should've let the guy speak, so I could steer him in the right direction... though that …

Hello all! I hope some kind person could help me out. I'm a newbie to BYOND and programming for that matter. I'm having …

I was pleasantly surprised today to discover (via Dan) that all objects in fact have Read() and Write() procs. This …
Page: 1 2 3 ... 165 166 167 168 169 ... 171 172 173