ID:1000211

WIP. C&C Welcome.
New thread since the other one was getting out of hand.

What's the game about?
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
What's the game about?

Well see it takes place in a fantasy world were the government started this experiment. The experiment utterly failed, causing a black hole to form on the earth. When you enter the black hole you go into a parallel universe that looks a lot different from your world. Upon entering the black hole is how you will gain your *powers*. The black hole begins to spread but the government blocks its path as they try to find a way to fix it. There are two main forces the government and the people who want to combine the two worlds. So yea there unnamed for the time being. There will also be other groups within them to add variety(people can form there own guild). And so on.. Dont want too leak to much information just yet.
Heaven and hell :)? "waves at Stephen"
Parallel universes?, i hope it's something twisty like that :P or perhaps a normal world, and a combat world within the game where you gain different experiences in either of the worlds to define your character.

Anyhow That's a decent Title screen, Simple but nice colors and effects and generally looking good. :)

Edit: i made my guesses before i saw your comment :O!!
In response to Teka123
Teka123 wrote:
Heaven and hell :)? "waves at Stephen"
Parallel universes?, i hope it's something twisty like that :P or perhaps a normal world, and a combat world within the game where you gain different experiences in either of the worlds to define your character.

Anyhow That's a decent Title screen, Simple but nice colors and effects and generally looking good. :)

Edit: i made my guesses before i saw your comment :O!!

xD! But yea the screen isnt done yet I need a good background image :(. And pretty much the monsters our more scary looking and the turfs our more dull. And a lot more!
So I guess my main comment is going to be content-related. ;)

I'm not really feeling that the art is demonstrating that duo-environment thing very well, or ... the rift between them particularly. I guess the effect in the centre of the text was kind of meant to portray that, but it's something you'd have to explain, as the image doesn't independently give you that vibe.

There's not really any sense of catastrophe, or super-powers etc either?
Psst go for a Darker than Black feel please, just don't let anyone know :)..
Stephen001 wrote:

There's not really any sense of catastrophe, or super-powers etc either?

There will be powers but the basics such as: fireball type spells,summoning, and so on you know those ones you never get tired of!

And yea the effect was suppose to do that xD to show that feel but that's also what type of background image I'm searching for.
Art Teaser: -Credits to VixiV

@Teka never seen it :(

It's quite probable that you'll need to step up the background art then. I don't think you'll portray the rift well via text, so you really need a graphic for it.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/thumb/f/f3/ Erebus2.jpg/250px-Erebus2.jpg

Something of that nature, but demonstrating more chaos, destruction? Like ... as your setting implies, the hole just tore up a big building or city or something.

The text itself could be given a font to give over that damaged feel also. Kind of of the ilk of the Decadence logo?

It might be that you don't reveal the super-power stuff in the intro art, I dunno. Could be misleading if you don't, though.
You could try doing a black hole sort of like this

http://didyouknowarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ 12__supermassive_black_hole.jpeg

Position it like the logo is being sucked into the black hole, ya know? I'd avoid placing stars, though, since the black hole isn't exactly in space... It's technically on the planet, unless its gradually consuming the planet? Eh, you get the idea.

Iffy idea, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
You could try doing a black hole sort of like this

http://didyouknowarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ 12__supermassive_black_hole.jpeg

Position it like the logo is being sucked into the black hole, ya know? I'd avoid placing stars, though, since the black hole isn't exactly in space... It's technically on the planet, unless its gradually consuming the planet? Eh, you get the idea.

Iffy idea, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

I planned to do something similar when I find the right picture.
It's more subtle, certainly. I worry that's too subtle though. There's not really a lot to consider with title art, aside from selling the game's core theme, story background or what have you. So with Decadence, you get the vibe straight off the logo that it's gritty military / combat stuff, Duke Nukem / Cannon Fodder style.
I'm going to try to use this little game idea for logo practice.
Stephen001 wrote:
It's more subtle, certainly. I worry that's too subtle though. There's not really a lot to consider with title art, aside from selling the game's core theme, story background or what have you. So with Decadence, you get the vibe straight off the logo that it's gritty military / combat stuff, Duke Nukem / Cannon Fodder style.

I understand were you come from and that's why I'm being very picky with what I pick for the background. I hope to find something attractive to the eye and fits the games theme.

P.S Thanks for all the feedback/suggestions!
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
I'm going to try to use this little game idea for logo practice.

Have at it!
Uhm.. I want my graphics this way If you dislike it go cry about it in the corner. My game isn't to please you but to please myself. But I do have to agree with you on the trees perspective.

And them effects were put their to be used am I right? This effect is a combination of multiple effects and skrewed them around. Therefor I see no problem other then you having a problem with people using something that was put there for that reason. To be used.
I want C&C if its as good as the ones before yours. You came at it in a rude manor does it really hurt to come across it in a nice way?

EDIT: Can a moderator remove some of these post? I dont want arguing on here.
Well the games graphics our influenced by a mmo I ran past a few weeks ago called Secrets of Grindea: http://www.secretsofgrindea.com/index.php/media

And yea my graphics pix-elate when I open up another window but I have no idea how to fix that .-.
In response to ImmeasurableHate
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
Well the games graphics our influenced by a mmo I ran past a few weeks ago called Secrets of Grindea: http://www.secretsofgrindea.com/index.php/media

And yea my graphics pix-elate when I open up another window but I have no idea how to fix that .-.

The graphics of that game hold consistency so nothing in their screenshots looks out of place.

OT: The title screen doesn't look as bad as the ones you posted yesterday. With a background I'm sure it would like nice, looking forward to final product
Page: 1 2 3