ID:1001294

Keywords: ding, icon, noise
Not a bug
BYOND Version:497
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 22.0.1229.79
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Whenever I click to select a different icon state inside a .dmi file, I get a really obnoxious "DING!" sound. Doesn't seem to happen at other locations.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Select a .dmi in DM, then click on an icon state to highlight it. (Don't have to open it. Just highlighting it causes the sound)

Expected Results:
Just select the clicked upon state. No noise, please...
Actual Results:
Very annoying noise
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Yep. Every time.
On other computers?
No - only one other computer I've tried has had the issue. Everywheres else it seems to work fine

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?

I'm not sure exactly when it started happening - Some years ago, many version back. It may have been when I got a new computer/OS, so that may be the cause.

Workarounds:
Code on mute (I like to listen to music while I code though...)

You are able to turn off that sound, by going into your "Sound" in Control Panel, and then, the "Sounds" Tab.
I believe it's the 'default beep' sound scheme. Just select it, and yeah, there should be a drop-down menu somewhere, select "(none)".
OH BLESSED SILENCE!!!
Lige resolved issue (Not a bug)