by Exadv1
Space Station 13
Stay alive inside Space Station 13
ID:1002663

BYOND Version:496
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 15.0.1
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Occasionally I'll enter a game and be unable to access submenus. For instance, when placing an order in Quartermaster, I'll click on "Order Item", and the menu will not progress to the next screen, so I'll have to close the window and access the console again. This is especially problematic when attempting to access things that require log-ins (Modifying ID cards at HoP's office, for instance).

For some reason when this bug is in effect, it prevents me from getting into mechs, as well.

Also the cursor will blink in-and-out when over the sub-menu.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Usually happens at the game's start, or happens mid-game. I do not know what triggers it.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

It happens for about half the games I play.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Just occasionally, the other half of the time.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
I have to open/close menus to get to the next part. I can't do anything with mechs. Sometimes pull feature breaks too so I have to spam ctrl+click to finally get it to pull.
Welcome to Byond.
Just going to ask, in what server was this?
In response to Capt matt4
Capt matt4 wrote:
Welcome to Byond.

Stop being a douchebag and try to be helpful.
This happens to me with Roboticist - I cannot access the Exosuit Fabricator Menu nor the R&D Console. This is on any game server.

Occasionally at the end of a round, the menus appear as if they've been stuck in the background all a long, but I have yet to find a way of pulling them to the foreground.

Pity this doesn't seem to be resolved as it breaks a fun job.
Got it!!!

Dual display fucks with Byond - I now have to hop between both monitors to get menus up. It does work though.
Latest response ever.