ID:100295

Resolved
A -close parameter can now be added to the command-line options or startup(), which forces Dream Daemon to close after it shuts down.
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Currently, sending a Del Topic will shut down the world. However, it will not close the DD instance that was hosting it. This is rather annoying, and makes the entire system somewhat pointless.
I think the larger issue is that the DD program for Windows isn't designed as a hidden process like the Linux version is, it is meant to work as a general GUI for hosting. It expects to be given another game to host if one is stopped, instead of assuming the program is no longer needed.

What we need is a non-GUI version of DD for Windows, that works like the Linux version does. (This would even make DMCGI possible on Windows).
Nadrew wrote:
What we need is a non-GUI version of DD for Windows

Maybe, but I'd still prefer to use a GUI version. Profiling, and various other things are impossible though the Linux version of DD as far as I know.
A simple option to shutdown after the world stops would probably be adequate.
Would that be set by default? Or set when a server starts another server? Or what?
Any chance of this being in for the next update?
It should probably also automatically close any DD instances where the startup() call to them failed to actually start up.
This needs to be fixxed :o
I want thiz.
Thanks for adding this. Will the -close param also take effect if the world fails to stat up (if the port is already in use)? Or would that not count as a shut down?
ETA on this release?
Last I checked; "when it's ready" -- I believe they have more changes and whatnot planned that they'd like to have ready first.
Informative
Release of 481 is basically imminent.
IMMINENT