ID:100431

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I find it irritating that I cannot block contact with people on the pager unless I block them or turn my pager off.

I need to have my pager on so that certain people can contact me, but then I subject myself to irritating advertisements and messages from people who I do not want to communicate with (Specifically, I don't want to communicate with people who are not on my friends list).

IE things like this:
-----------
Everyone this is serious byond might shutdown the entire website meaning no more games for us we need to fight back to help against this send this message to atleast 10 pager buddys on byond if you dont your account might be terminated and if not inof people send this byond will be terminated not only your accounts so send to as many possibl
e

i know its fake just like sendin them to see if they go around =P

---------

I also do not want to ban people from my pager in the event that I need to host from my machine.

It would be nice if you made it so that being in PRIVATE mode prevented the receiving of messages from people that are not on your friend list. All it does at the moment is make it so that they cannot see that I am on, but it still allows them to send messages to me. If it was changed, I wouldn't have to ban anybody from the pager in order to protect myself from these messages.
I've requested this, or something similar, before as well. So +
Oh, I guess I missed that. Is it a problem if I posted it after you did?
Not really, I'm pretty sure I posted mine on the forums long before the tracker was even added.
Ok, thanks. Not trying to break any conduct rules here. Haha
Uh...
There already is a "Private" mode in the pager. If I'm reading this correctly, it does precisely what you want already.
File -> Preferences -> General -> Pager type: [public/private/none]
What we're complaining about is the fact that the Private mode fails at life. It doesn't stop random noobs - let alone ones who aren't even on your friends list - from sending you spamish garbage. Basically all it does is prevent people from seeing what games you're in, or if you're online at all. Since the pager still displays friends when they're supposedly offline, when some noob decides to STA an invite to their awesome new zeta rip, it still goes to everyone set to private.
Dunno, I've had my pager on private for years and have yet to get any random spam. I don't even show up as online to a person unless they're on my list.
How many watchers do you have?
I'm a relatively well known person in certain communities, so people like to add me to their pager. While that in itself is not an issue, there are certain people who will mass invite all of their pager buddies to certain games and include me in that. I always have my pager set to private, and yet I still receive these messages.

It is rather annoying. All I'm suggesting is that private mode make it so that you can't receive any messages unless you have the sender on your buddy list. Seems logical under the definition of "private" anyway.
When my pager is on public I have well over 200 watchers.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)