ID:100438

BYOND Version:470
Operating System:Windows Server 2003 R2
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.8
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Recently, the CPU Usage in my games had a massive increase, to the point of almost always being over 100%. While at the same time, HU1 had somehow seemed to drop in its usage. I had made no real changes to the games, some of which haven't really been updated in months. I did some testing over the last few days, and it seems to be caused by something in v470 and higher. Though tests on v469 are still in the early stages, it seems to have decreased the world.cpu by ~10x per player on HU2.

Original Post: http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=757033&single=1
I'm assuming it has something to do with the change for repeating key or macro release "fixes". Since HU1 only uses a macro script file, without any key-up macros, and the 2 games I mainly noticed the CPU fail on pretty heavily use key up interface macros.
Actually the CPU usage in BE is still rather high on v469
I agree the CPU ussage in some games has been over the top lately.
Welp after about 4 hours of uptime the CPU is being fail again. So I guess I'll try downgrading again. The last version I had on the server was 464 I think, and I'm pretty sure things were working properly there at the oldest.
For lack of more information I'm marking this unverified for now. What we know so far is that the world.cpu value seems to creep up after about 24 hours of running time. This is known to happen more for some games than others, and some don't experience it at all. This could still be consistent with certain lists, and algorithms relying on them, within the game itself growing over time, and may not be a bug in BYOND so much as in the program itself. However nothing can be ruled out at this time, except that the issue is not new.
This usually happens to me when the game being hosted has a long list of things in Stat().