ID:100442

For the past few weeks, I've been trying to download BYOND from this site to play one of the games. I've signed up on the site, & confirmed my e-mail & everything, but everytime I download the program & install it, I get this:

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx164/ammychu/Screencaps/ byond-1.png

It doesn't let me log in. And the window goes white after I close the small box. I've tried uninstalling it & reinstalling it again, & even tried making another account, but have gotten nothing. And I really need help now, please.
According to Snagler there may be an Explorer bug in play here. Although you're not using IE as your browser, the pager does use it for some purposes, and IE 8 apparently has an issue in some on some systems with the embedded browser. Another user found a solution to this by deleting everything from his Program Files\Internet Explorer folder (which apparently caused him no issues). I'm not sure you want to do anything that drastic, at least not without backing the files up first, but reinstalling IE may fix the issue.

For future bug reports, in the BYOND version field you are supposed to enter the version number you're using, not question marks (if you can't get it from the pager you can get it from Dream Maker), and when filling in "Applies to" just pick one of the items from the list--in this case the BYOND pager. When people don't fill in the correct information, bug reports are harder to deal with.
Lummox JR wrote:
According to Snagler there may be an Explorer bug in play here. Although you're not using IE as your browser, the pager does use it for some purposes, and IE 8 apparently has an issue in some on some systems with the embedded browser. Another user found a solution to this by deleting everything from his Program Files\Internet Explorer folder (which apparently caused him no issues). I'm not sure you want to do anything that drastic, at least not without backing the files up first, but reinstalling IE may fix the issue.

For future bug reports, in the BYOND version field you are supposed to enter the version number you're using, not question marks (if you can't get it from the pager you can get it from Dream Maker), and when filling in "Applies to" just pick one of the items from the list--in this case the BYOND pager. When people don't fill in the correct information, bug reports are harder to deal with.

Internet Explorer is not the browser I'm using. I'm using Google Chrome. So how can I fix the problem?

And, about the version, I don't know which one it is. I just know it's the current one up for download on the site.
I repeat:

You're not using IE, but the pager does use an embedded IE browser for some things.

If you don't know your version number, you can get it from Help | About... in any of the BYOND apps.