Cow RP

by Bovine_Buddy
Cow RP
A roleplaying game with a fantasy medieval setting. Version 4.041 - 1/31/2017
ID:100472

Keywords: byond, cow, review, rp
Cow RP, the game where cows who act like humans rule the world in a medieval society.

This review is due to the fact that Cow RP has been revised and the only review we have is from 2007.

Gameplay

Cow RP is a roleplaying game, you log in and are prompted to pick a roleplaying name and then you are at a room where you pick a job for the round.

The job screen

The job effects how people react and treat you in the kingdom's society. For example, a necromancer is treated with uncertainity and is an outsider to the kingdom, while the king is treated with respect and is the authority and core of the kingdom. If you don't like the job you picked or want to try another, don't worry, they only last the "round" which is usually between an half hour to two hours. The fun of this game is to be able to do your job and watch how it influences the world, such as the peasants building a complete town near the castle.

The roleplaying is done through character actions and emoting. However some people may screw up the roleplaying sometimes although this doesn't happen often.

Presentation

The graphics of Cow RP currently are alot more simple, they also seem more colorful then before. The hud design is hit or miss with many people, but is easy to navigate through and to work with.

A farmer with his animals

However, the turf is quite block-like(however alot of byond games tend to be this way) and some textures do not mesh well. Another thing I noticed is that the NPC animals are all one-sided, meaning they only move icon-wise in one direction while all the other mobs seem to be multi-directional, something I hope that is changed in the future. Sound seems to be missing completely, however it's always been that way.

Originality

This is the game that started the whole medieval cow fad, however if you take
away the cows, it would play alot like many other medieval roleplaying games on
the market. However, I would still like to praise Bovine_Buddy for bringing a different version of medieval roleplay to us.

Overall: 7

If you have interest in roleplaying games, I would certainly give Cow RP a look, otherwise you would probably not be very interested.

Being allowed to comment on blog posts is a privilege, not a right. If you guys can't do it maturely I can and will revoke your right to do so. I personally didn't feel that this review should have been accepted due to the amount of content, not the content itself. Such as going more in-depth as to what you can do as the other jobs.

However, there is no reason for any of you to be having an argument about this game compared to any other game here. This review is what it is, and if you like another game better, you can go review that. You guys should grow up and learn to behave yourself, if you can't control yourself and keep this debate civil, you have your own personal blogs to have it on.

Android Data, you are a person in a position of power here, you should know better than to lash out like that at any member of the community. Set an example.

All comments have been removed, and will be disabled if you guys can't control yourselves.
Am I wrong to think that it's a little strange to review and rate your own game?
SmashTiger wrote:
Nielz wrote:
Am I wrong to think that it's a little strange to review and rate your own game?

Umm it would be. Except this is not a case like that. Veemonthedemonking reviewed it.

"A review for Cow RP created by Bovine_Buddy"

Doesn't this mean that the review is created by Bovine_Buddy? Or am I interpreting this wrong?
SmashTiger wrote:
Posted by Veemonthedemonking (Adventurer) at the bottom

CRP is created by Bovine_Buddy

Okay, then.
Cow RP: A game with admins that hate everyone and then permaban them.
If you would like to appeal your ban, please make a post in the proper Appeals forum.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cow_RP/index.php?showforum=41