ID:100607

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
When we modify an atom on the map at compile time, it shows all of the modified variables in bold text in the instance editor. When we go to create another object of that type, it simply shows multiple of them in the Object box. Would we be able to perhaps get a horizontal scrollbar if necessary, but list all of the modified variables for that instance?
Say I have an object /turf/cake
I place cake on the map
I edit cakes delicious variable to be 5
Now there are two versions of cake in the Object box, but which one has delicious=5?
Maybe they could be listed as:
cake
cake [delicious:5]

Possibly, if I modify another variable:
cake [delicious:5;opacity:1;density:1]

Thoughts?

[edit] My main actual use for this is tag editing for turfs, when I sometimes have a similar turf with up to 5 tags, or just an instance of an object without density. It'd be a lot easier to check without having to place an instance of said object, then open the edit box to see what's modified.
This sounds nice, it would be quite useful. I don't think very many people make use of the instance editor, though.
This would definitely be helpful to me. :O
I tend to change the name on things to accomplish a similar result. So I guess I support this. Assuming they can implement it in some intuitive way.
Falacy wrote:
I tend to change the name on things to accomplish a similar result. So I guess I support this. Assuming they can implement it in some intuitive way.

Two things.
I used to change the names quite often, but this creates a very large excess of objects. I've instead ditched this in favor of just editing it on the map, which takes a bit more time, but makes that much less clutter (if I'm understanding you right).
Also, I noticed that this is already done with the tag variable, it's not shown in the object box, but the box beneath it where it shows your currently selected object. I thought for a second that maybe this was already done, but then, again, I realized it was just the tag variable =p
I meant I rename them through the map editor, when I edit their variables.
And if this is already done through the tag, maybe they could just display that under or in place of the name in the instance list.
I edit tag variables for "warp" tiles all the time and I would love to have this feature.

+vote