ID:100666

BYOND Version:474
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.8
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
I'm getting bad icon runtime errors again, on this icon, and others. The RunTime Error is caused by running icon_states() on the icon.

runtime error: bad icon
verb name: View (/obj/IconHolder/verb/View)
source file: Icons.dm,22
usr: Falacy (/mob)
src: the goku AfterBuu.dmi (/obj/IconHolder)
call stack:
the goku AfterBuu.dmi (/obj/IconHolder): View()
Falacy (/mob): Topic("src=\[0x3000000];Action=View;I...", /list (/list))

Recently, the (dynamic?) resource file in IconShare got screwed over somehow, lost about 600 icons. Apparently even more of them became corrupted like that one. Which is now causing RunTime Errors.
They pass an isicon() check, and they open somewhat in MS Paint, though they look corrupted. DM says its unable to read them. Could the isicon() check use whatever DM does? Or possibly just fix the issue altogether, since they do still open in paint, even if they end up looking corrupted.
Was the icon opened as an environment? I had a problem similar to this a while back.
This icon is corrupted, but the header is correct. Since isicon() only checks the header (for efficiency-- we don't want to load the entire icon for every test), it doesn't detet the issue.

We use libpng to read DMIs and it is failing here; I'm not sure what MSPaint does.
If I were to send you the buggy.rsc would there be some way for you to recover it? Or for me to do that myself?