ID:100737

BYOND Version:474
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.8
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When you cancel a download in the Options and Messages window, all subsequent downloads are automatically canceled as well.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Cancel a download.

Expected Results:
Cancel just that particular download

Actual Results:
Cancels current and future downloads.

Does the problem occur:
Every time, every game, every computer

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
Unsure.

Workarounds:
Relogging fixes it, but you still need to download whatever is on-screen at the time.
Are you sure it cancels all future downloads? There's a known and longstanding issue where canceling a download messes up the very next download, but not the one after that.
Lummox JR wrote:
Are you sure it cancels all future downloads? There's a known and longstanding issue where canceling a download messes up the very next download, but not the one after that.

I'm certain, try it on Icon Ultima.
Is there a set of steps that can reproduce this more reliably than joining a game where downloads come in sporadically?
As far as I see it, this also stops uploading to the server when the cancel button is pressed during uploads. However, this stops all future uploads, as opposed to downloads.

Solved the same way as the solution explained in the bug details.

Lummox JR wrote:
Is there a set of steps that can reproduce this more reliably than joining a game where downloads come in sporadically?

Not really, because of how BYOND works, resources are usually only downloaded when they are generated or become visible on-screen, I can't think of any other situations it can be reasonably observed.