ID:100832

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Maker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
This variable should be writable, short of doing a hacky-method such as winset(src,,"command=\".south"), inactivity will constantly increase with no client input.
...isn't the entire point of inactivity to keep track of how long it's last been since a user has done something? o_O
LordAndrew wrote:
...isn't the entire point of inactivity to keep track of how long it's last been since a user has done something? o_O

Yes.

But in certain cases I would like to reset client.inactivity, I will provide you with an example. In a project of mine, if I user has been inactive for more than 30 seconds he or she will automatically go afk. This works out great but there are some negatives, if a person dies or joins the game late, they will appear as a spectator. The spectator may not say or do anything, thus the inactivity variable will increase. Of course they will not go afk as they are a spectator, but upon the start of a new round if he or she does not immediately move then they will go afk.

There are ways around this, but I see no reason why one cannot reset the variable. It is a simple request and I see no harm in such implementation.
Ah, I see then. Could be useful~
Is there any word of this being implemented into the next release? Or is there some obvious work around that I am completely ignoring, thus, granting me no status update? I am only asking to have the inactivity variable to be modifiable at runtime.
I can think of a few instances where increasing a client's inactivity might be useful too. Such as code that makes the user's density 0 if they're inactive too long, in some busy places you might want that to happen even quicker.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)