ID:101030

Redundant
Applies to:Website
BYOND Version:474
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 6.0.472.25

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I don't know if this should be in report a bug or request a feature not to sure if it should be in Request a Feature I am Sorry

OK In Various Games I Play their is like 8 or 9 Servers at once, about 5 of them have No Players or like 1 person who has been AFK For like the whole day.

Could you make it if a game server no one has logged in for 5 hours it automatically shuts off or if their has been no activity on the server for 5 hours like no one moving or No One Fighting. So Then their isn't like 10 servers and people threw out the day go on the server to find out that their is AFK People, Most Games don't need all these servers just a few servers. Not 10 Which are usually how much are up for this game. Would you Mind Programming this feature in for 475 or Something like it that doesn't keep like 10 servers up at a time?

Note : This should go into Developer How-To.

This is already possible and built-into DM, you just have to read the guide/reference on the various built-in procs and variables.

For example;
client . inactivity
world . sleep_offline
shutdown()
world / Del()
etc. etc.

If you are concerned over another individual(s') game, then contact them to utilize the tools already given to them.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Note : This should go into Developer How-To.
This is already possible and built-into DM, you just have to read the guide/reference on the various built-in procs and variables.
For example;
client . inactivity
world . sleep_offline
shutdown()
world / Del()
etc. etc.
If you are concerned over another individual(s') game, then contact them to utilize the tools already given to them.

The Owner of the Game Never Updates, Only if Completely Necessary.

This Feature Should be built into all games, What if the owner of a game quit BYOND?

A lot of the time I see like 10-13 servers up on popular games and most of the players on their are AFK and usually no one is online.

This Feature wouldn't be that much of a trouble to program into the entire BYOND, So Why Can't one of the owner like Tom or Lummnox Jr or one of the other admins Program this in?
This is a horrible idea.

While hosting a server with inactive players, I do not want BYOND controlling my servers visibility on the hub. It is my job, as the developer, to deal with such "issues".
This is a horrible idea, as RJ said. There's no reason to shut down a server because people aren't joining it, that's more or less the point of leaving it up.
Ryuk25 wrote:
This Feature wouldn't be that much of a trouble to program into the entire BYOND, So Why Can't one of the owner like Tom or Lummnox Jr or one of the other admins Program this in?

Ohohoh, looks like this guy knows how to program "into the entire BYOND"! Since he apparently knows that it wouldn't be much trouble.

But, yeah. I give it a thumbs down.