ID:101247

BYOND Version:471
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
A game named Digital World Story was down for a few days now it is back up but when i try to login to it it just gives the error Dream Daemon Kiling Conection.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Gives the error Dream Daemon Kiling Conection.

Actual Results:
Gives the error Dream Daemon Kiling Conection.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Since the game has down.Every time i try to run it.
In other games?No just this one.
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Still doesnt work.

Workarounds:

I can verify this is happening, although I don't know why. The server is running version 471 and the bug that caused this same issue in the past was fixed in version 470.

We'll need a copy of the game's hosting files, especially a copy of its current .rsc and .dyn.rsc files, to make headway on this. I've contacted the author, who is hosting right now.

For future bug reports, if you have an issue in a particular game it saves us a lot of time if you post a link to the game's hub entry instead of just the name.

For my own furture reference, this is http://www.byond.com/games/UlForceV/DigitalWorldStory
Regrettably I must file this under Unverified now. The server that was experiencing the problem is now working. I believe the host rebooted it and the cache files I think were responsible would have been lost in the process.

If this issue recurs, it is vital that we obtain a copy of the host files including the .dyn.rsc file the world is using during that session. Such files can be zipped and sent to me at [email protected]. Please also provide a link to the hub entry in question so that if the problem is still current at that time, I can verify it in action. Armed with this information, we should be able to put this bug to bed for good. For now, it appears this is sporadic at best so hopefully it won't affect many servers.