ID:101392

BYOND Version:475
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 6.0.472.53
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I have "ports 6011-6020" at the bottom of my cfg/byond.txt. I read somewhere a long time ago that this caused using the port 0 in Dream Daemon automatically forces the port in the range as defined by the "ports" param.
When I have "ports" defined, the code below stops after "Starting child..." and the child world is never started up. However, when I remove that line and try the code below, it works but goes to a random port like 60650.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open cfg/byond.txt. Add the line "ports 6011-6020" or any other range of ports; I have those forwarded in my router.
2. Open the game with Dream Daemon. The server will automatically start with port 6011.
3. Join the game. This will run the code below and the message "Starting child..." will show up. "Child started at[...]" will never show up.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/Login()
if(world.port == 6011)
src << "Starting child..."
sleep(1)

var/child = startup('test.dmb')
src << "Child started at byond://[child]"

Expected Results:
Child world to start up at port 6012.

Actual Results:
Code stops completely after "Starting child...".

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? N/A
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When ports isn't defined in byond.txt.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
N/A
I was unable to reproduce this problem. Child worlds started each time using the specified range of ports, and I could not force a conflict.