ID:1014497

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Currently, an object with an override image being displayed on it will inherit the object's mouse_opacity. If it instead inherited the image's mouse_opacity, this would allow enhanced control over player interaction.
I also had a similar request found right here: http://www.byond.com/members/ Bandock?command=view_post&post=120150&first_unread=1

Came across that issue when I was working on onscreen input using images. However, I discovered a workaround for now on that issue.
In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
However, I discovered a workaround for now on that issue.

Care to share with the rest of the class? =)
Sure. All I had to do was create a transparent image (matching the dimensions of the image object) at least for onscreen input in order to properly use icon-x and icon-y with it. While the workaround may only work for some cases depending on what you do, I used it to handle onscreen input with images. :D
In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
Sure. All I had to do was create a transparent image (matching the dimensions of the image object) at least for onscreen input in order to properly use icon-x and icon-y with it. While the workaround may only work for some cases depending on what you do, I used it to handle onscreen input with images. :D

So you store the image separately from the object and give it its own opacity. I imagine you would still need to use an override image to make the main object disappear, just having it be blank so it doesn't mess with the opacity of the second image.

I like. Thanky. =)
You're welcome. ;D