ID:101477

Descriptive Problem Summary:
Recently I updated my byond because I could not join games, in the previous version, reinstalling byond fixed the problem, now, I installed this byond, and I am unable to play live games PEROID. I wanted to report it because after hours of research, no one has had that much of a similair problem, so I have no steps to fix this. Basically, when I try to connect it says " Connection failed" and when I try to log in it says " Byond Hub Connection failed" My internet is fine so I wanted to know how or why its showing me this.Mostly because all versions before this one worked fine on this computer. If Possible, I would like an older link to download a later version, since the bug lies with this one, it might not work, which is why I wanted to solve this problem, thank you in advance good sir and or Ma'am.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Install the latest version of byond
2. Click any live game, and try to join it
3. The "Logging in " Message you see, yeah, its fake, its about as real as a PS2 game disc freezing up, it will NEVER log you in, and it will say "Byond Hub Connection failed"
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
To log in and play byond normally
Actual Results:
Was completly blocked out, I would however like to add that I can play un live games, so the dream seeker might not be all busted
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
The Byond central is not accesible does indeed occur often, reinstalling has always fixed it, but now its even MORe messed up
In other games?
I tried to join all the games that were live, I was blocked out of everyone, I mostly play RP Unlimited, but other games that are ALWAYS hosted live 24/7 like DBZ heros united, and Duel Monsters Genesis, would not let me join to, this is when I came to relize the problem obviously was the current BYOND I downloaded
In other user accounts?
I tried logging onto other accounts, I wanted to test EVERY USEABLE VARIABLE!!! And none of them worked, not even my other acconts, T T
On other computers?
I found the problem did not work on my other computer, which has ran the very first versions of byond, but its 2 versions behind updating due to me not getting on it as much because of sucky router connection, but if that router could connect me to servers, I knew this HAD to have something to do with the latest version.
When does the problem NOT occur?
When im on my other computer, or when I reinstall byond, atleast in the past its worked, I have reinstalled byond about 7 times now, its busted somethins up T T
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) I will try this link and see if the problem stops, and no good sirs and or Ma'ams, I have yet to run into this problem with the other versions, the past of byond.

Workarounds:

THe past version fixed it, Thanks! But, I think this bug should be identified, since some games on byond (the best higesht quilty ones) Run on the latest versions.
This sounds like a problem with your firewall configuration. You need to make sure that your firewall is allowing full Internet access (via the TCP protocol, both in and out) to byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe, and dreamdaemon.exe. If there is a checkbox asking whether to do an MD5 hash or only allow access for the current version or anything like that, you must turn that checkbox off--that's what is interfering with the new versions.