CPU at 100% again.
Ok, I collected a little more info. I'll see if I can make something of this. We'll probably have to do another few runs with more debugging. Not sure wtf is going on here!
This has been very difficult to diagnose. I'm now hosting a new build (476.1082) that may resolve crash issues from other reports, so hopefully it'll also fix yours. Again, keep me posted if it lags/crashes.
Running at 100%.
Ok, we figured out where it was lagging and have applied a patch. We're not 100% sure this will fix it (it's a rather obscure case), so we're doing another run. Again, let us know if the issue recurs.

I don't think this is related to the crash, but if that dumps core it should be fixable too (the other core dumps I got were likely a result of interrupting the server with the debugging attempts).
I had to reboot, but it's running now. Try to get players to login & logout if you want to expedite the test, since the theory is that it is a timing issue due to players logging out mid-update.
We now have additional logging in place that should hopefully catch the cause of the issue, as well as the fix we believe should stop the CPU racing that was observed last night. We'll need players to log in and out and play normal sessions for testing purposes.
CPU is at 100%.
It looks like the first fix didn't properly fix this condition when it happened in certain places. The good news is I think we now have a clearer idea why the racing is happening, and it may just boil down to a timing error. The new code should hopefully put a stop to the problem. Please let us know if the server has any further issues over the next few days.
Your patched server seems to be holding up fine, and the fix makes sense, so I think we've conquered this one.
Thanks guys for fixing this issue! :)
Page: 1 2