Leur says this happens in Windows XP and his video is consistent with that, so I think it's possible this is more than just an OS issue. But there may be some other common factor I'm not seeing.
Lummox JR wrote:
Since OS seems to be a factor here, what OS are you running?

OS was listed under the code snippet. Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Oh and my bad about the missing proc, it is essentially just creates a cluster with new and returns it's set ID. I've updated the original snippet to include it.
I had this problem as well when testing out my Savefile Analyzer on Windows 7. I would constantly and consistently get Bad Output when I tried (I believe) to re-write a value at a certain key in a savefile that already existed. Somehow clearing BYOND's cache helped matters for me.
Here's my late question: Do ya have any other Dream Seekers open for other worlds when that error showed up?

Reason why I asked that because I have that issue happen to me as well, but at very random times sometimes caused by having other worlds opened (makes no sense, I know). Does not always happen, but seems to happen when I have other worlds opened sometimes (on my side at least).

And yes, several cases involved creating blank savefiles that could not be saved properly.
I've had this happen to me various times. Clearing my cache instantly fixed it, however.
In response to LordAndrew
Not to revive dead posts for the fun of it, but I ran into this exact problem earlier. After struggling with it for more than an hour I ran into this post.

It was exactly as stated, Clearing my byond cache fixed it immediately.
Page: 1 2