ID:101579

BYOND Version:475
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.11
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary: I'll click the BYOND .exe file, and it will bring me to the login screen. As soon as I enter my password and click login, I get the "Space Station 13.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." error.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Open client.
2) Enter Password
3) Crash.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Successful login to server browser.

Actual Results: Crash.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every Time
In other games? I don't know.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? I don't know.

When does the problem NOT occur? When I use the trace.bat file located in the installation directory.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) I did download previous versions, and it still happened.

Workarounds: Running the client through trace.bat located in the installation directory.

If this only occurs on Space Station 13 I suggest you take this to their forums instead of reporting here.
We will need more information to investigate this issue. Joining one of the servers for ExAdv1.SpaceStation13 does not cause this crash for me in 475.

To look into this further we will need crash details, listing which module crashed and at which offset. You can obtain these details by going to Start | Run... and entering "drwtsn32 -i" which will enable Dr. Watson, and after the next crash it should provide a minidump whose contents you can add to this report in a followup comment.

Darker Legends wrote:
If this only occurs on Space Station 13 I suggest you take this to their forums instead of reporting here.

A BYOND crash is pretty much always a BYOND bug, even if it only happens in one particular game. If the developer of the game knows about the crash they might be able to isolate it, but it's always a good idea to report actual crashes as bug reports.
Do not repost an exact duplicate of the issue you already posted.