ID:101801

Keywords: competition
There's not much time left if you want to get in on the action of the Imagination Competition. Don't fret, a week is still plenty of time to get a decent Casual game submitted. So if you haven't started, now would be a good time to consider it.

Seeing as I've received two emails on the subject, only one being an actual submission, I'm hoping that everyone is just working hard on their submissions (otherwise, the three entries I'm aware of are going to have happy developers).

If you have a hub page for your entry and don't feel like emailing me, place a link to it in the comments of this post or make a topic about it in the forum (the sad forum that cries itself to sleep at night 'cause no one loves it).

Happy developing.
Frell. You have three already? There goes my easy money.

I have something that's playable, but it needs a score display for the end of the game... And sounds. The music is randomly generated. Not having heard it yet is rather scary considering it's some sort of rhythm action game. Fortunately, there are decent visual cues.

I'm hoping that I'll have time to release a version before Sunday and polish it up a bit, but it's running rather close.
I have yet to start mine, which is basically a showcase for some big impressive graphics, none of which I've created yet.
I started mine Friday, and so far, it's coming along pretty good. I think I might've bitten off more than I can chew (in a week), though.
http://code.google.com/p/thesaloon/

Can I pretend that's a casual game and sweet loots?
Next time I host a month long competition, I'll just lie and say it's a week, then continue to push back the finish time. <.<
Tiberath wrote:
Next time I host a month long competition, I'll just lie and say it's a week, then continue to push back the finish time. <.<

Haha, I wasn't able to start until now because of school and soccer. In fact, I spent a lot of time this weekend working on my game when I should've been doing homework.
Jeff8500 wrote:
In fact, I spent a lot of time this weekend working on my game when I should've been doing homework.

I'm not entirely sure if that's good to hear or not. ;)
Jeff8500 wrote:
Haha, I wasn't able to start until now because of school and soccer. In fact, I spent a lot of time this weekend working on my game when I should've been doing homework.

I don't mean to one-up you, but I've been doing it in class... like about 320 or so of the around 7250 characters. Not to mention I typed this in class too... love laptops.
Here's my entry: hexWar
My entry is Fused Finale. A download is now available, but we have until Sunday if we need to update, right?
ACWraith wrote:
but we have until Sunday if we need to update, right?

Indeed.
http://www.byond.com/games/Jeff8500/CasualGame There's my entry. Hopefully you'll see an update and an actual title from me tomorrow; I never got to add the flamethrower.
So when is the exact deadline? I'm going to send mine in at around 11:50pm BYOND Standard Time... unless you inform me that the deadline is in Aussie time.
IainPeregrine wrote:
So when is the exact deadline? I'm going to send mine in at around 11:50pm BYOND Standard Time... unless you inform me that the deadline is in Aussie time.

I sent an email asking the same thing, but never got an answer. Isn't it already the 20th in Australia time, though?