ID:101986

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Maker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Example:
step_to_location(Ref,Location)

Why:
So we don't have to create useless objects just for the purpose of moving something towards them. This mostly has to do with NPC's, automated waypoint systems and automated vehicles.

Workarounds:
There are many many many many ways to get around this need, though many of them are either bugged or not functional. It's also not ideal, nor easy, though that's just my personal opinion.
I'm pretty sure step_to() can accept any atom as a target. This includes turfs and the return value of locate(X,Y,Z).
There are problems with passing turfs to the step_to procs: http://www.byond.com/members/ DreamMakers?command=view_tracker_issue&tracker_issue=1583
That post is referring to get_step_to(), which is a function that uses a simple path finding algorithm to determine where an object should move to for its next step.

From the looks of this suggestions, why wouldn't step_to() or walk_to() work? The step and walk functions will actually move the object rather than perform a what-if scenario.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, and as Kaiochao said, this is already completely doable.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)