Event Oct 27 2012, 3:00 pm
to Oct 27 2012, 5:59 pm
ID:1020086

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Omnipotence is an online multiplayer real time strategy game created in 2005 by Wildblood. Beginning as a god with a planet, unto which one must create and thrive with one’s civilization, and overtake and disperse those of another religion. From the hatchet to the sword, you yourself are invincible, but exist only while surrounded by believers. Guide your followers for their survival, and your existence.

Tournament Speculations:

Photobucket Game: Omnipotence: Path of the divine by Wildblood

Photobucket Grand Prize: A one-year BYOND Membership for the last standing god.

Photobucket Consolation Prize: A tournament to bring the community together for the fun, enjoyment, and inspiration that can be found in a BYOND multiplayer real time strategy game!

Photobucket Time and Date: 9:00 PM Eastern time zone (EST), Saturday October 27th, 2012.

Photobucket RSVP: Not required for this event, you may come and participate without notice, you may also play before and after the event without additional notice. I will not be participating in the tournament round.

PhotobucketWinner Determination: The winner will be determined by whomever is the last remaining player in the tournament round that will begin at the time and date specified above. The winner will be publicly announced in an aftermath results post, along with noteworthy mentions for the players with most food, most lumber, most kills, most buildings destroyed , and a list of all the players who partook in the event.

Photobucket Tournament Round Statistics: Map name: Check-mate, Environmental conditionals: None, Starting Followers: 10, Starting Wood: 200, Starting Food: 300, Time limit: 179 minutes

PhotobucketGame Length Duritation: A round can last anywhere from when it begins, to two hours, and 59 minutes, before entering sudden death mode. A typical game will last between one and two hours. The length of the tournament round will vary in accordance with the events that partake.

PhotobucketDisconnection: Disconnection will result in automatic forfeit. No exceptions can be permitted, due to game and technical limitations.

PhotobucketServer: The tournament server will be hosted by Higoten, and a direct link to the server will be posted on the day of the tournament.

Game and Technical Speculations:

PhotobucketControls: Movement is controlled by the arrow keys. Commands are controlled by mouse point-and-click. Selection is controlled by double clicking or mouse dragging. Keyboard commands are provided in-game.

PhotobucketPractice: Omnipotence can be played "Single Player" and becomes more or less a building game. Playing on your own is a great way to learn what buildings do, and how to play the game in general.

PhotobucketTip: Clicking the manual button in the center of the title screen will provide you with a reference about the game that you can use throughout the game.

PhotobucketTip: I highly advise getting some practice in playing this game before the tournament! Practice is the key to success.

PhotobucketFlaw: Omnipotence was created using BYOND version 3.5, and likewise, lacks a modern skin interface, using the default skin interface.

PhotobucketFlaw: The game is also only able to be played when hosted in Dream seeker, not Dream Daemon. Hosting using Dream Daemon will not result in you receiving host commands, and will be unable to begin the game.

PhotobucketFix: Thanks to a bug fix made in BYOND version 495, Omnipotence is playable in the latest version of BYOND as it was intended to be played.

Additional information:

- The results of lasts year's Omnipotence tournament can be found here.

- The author of this post may be contacted at jam[REMOVE][email protected], on AIM, Trisenti; or via the BYOND pager for additional information or questions related to this event or other topics of interest.

AWESOME I have always loved Wilblood's games and the incentive of a year membership is great, I hope you get a lot of players and I wish the mall good luck!
I always up for competition, count me in! (<- this guy loves tournaments)
The server hosting the tournament is now live:

Tournament server link: byond://98.22.115.141:1993

The game will begin promptly at 9:00 PM EST, roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes from time this comment was posted. Until then, players are welcome to join and chat.
Photobucket

At the dawn of each civilization, the universe sends a god to teach and command the new species. Upon the creation of the plant Earth, it so happened that seven gods were sent to guide the humans.

Many civilizations suffered from starvation, others fell to the hands of another, and in the end, only one god remained...

Tournament Results:

Photobucket
The last standing god and winner of the second annual Omnipotence tournament: Kristoph!

Runner Ups:

PhotobucketSecond Place: Koxmok

PhotobucketThird Place: Undergo

Honorable Mentions:

Photobucket

Most Kills: Kristoph with 63 kills!

PhotobucketMost Buildings raized: Multiverse7 with 2 Buildings raized!

PhotobucketMost Lumber: Kristoph with 288 lumber!

PhotobucketMost Food: Koxmok with 3708 food!

Participants:

Kristoph
Truseeker
Undergo
Jaiquaribrown14
Koxmok
Multiverse7
Alec the blade

Additional Information:

- Special thanks goes out to all participants, along with supporters and observers!
Only two buildings raised? seems low.