ID:102073

Resolved
The 476 change to allow runtime changes to control_freak caused certain verbs to not initialize properly.
BYOND Version:476
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.8
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
After shutting down everything and updating the server to 476, when I attempted to login to my Server Manager (after starting it back up), the verb which displays the server log said that it was unrecognized or inaccessible. However, manually(ish) run the verb works fine, and its just a basic verb in the first place which should never be inaccessible.
Also, the verb which is supposed to display the list of servers doesn't seem to work in 476, but it doesn't output any type of error either.
I made no changes between the update, and it runs fine on <=475.
This also happens when running the files directly from the source on my local computer. Emailed host files to Lummox.
The OutputServerLog verb gets called when changing tabs on the interface.
This is probably due to the new feature to allow control_freak to be initialized at runtime, since that affects the order in which the skin is loaded. I bet if you spawn the verb call, it'll fix it. We'll put a proper fix in (whether this is the root of the issue or not) and put a release out ASAP since we want to address these other crashing reports.
The "inaccessible" verb is set as the command to run when the tab is changed on an interface control, so I can't really spawn it.
The other verb, that's supposed to display the server list, just gets called in Login(), but its not even giving me an error, so I'm not really sure whats broken there.
Do you have source for this as well? It's difficult to tell what sequence of events is happening with just the host files.
Yea, I'll email them to you in a second, not sure why I didn't in the first place.
Basically though, there's a Tab interface control, whose "Command to run when tab is changed" is set to that verb that comes up as missing.
EDIT: OK, sent the source files.
Well, I'm not sure if Lummox is getting my pager messages, so I'll post them here: The new test version seems to force control_freak on. It seems like it might have fixed the fail CPU usage problems though, but its still too early to be sure. Same goes for the crash issues. The problem in this bug report definitely seems fixed though.
I found the control_freak issue so that won't be a problem when 477 comes out. I verified the test build fixed your issue here as well, so I'll resolve this officially once we have a new method in place for altering control_freak.