ID:102086

Resolved
If a game sent significant output before the skin loaded, parts of the interface could appear blank. In addition, winset() and similar commands sent too early did not work as expected.
BYOND Version:475
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.10
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Various "Boxes" in a Dream Seeker window (I.E. Playing Zone, Tab space, Chat Box) all pitch black, game being connected to is being unresponsive of connection
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1: Connect to game
2: Witness nothing showing up in the boxes.
Expected Results:
To get to a log in screen, and begin playing a game.
Actual Results:
The problem occurs, I cannot play and I only get a playing window with blackness.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
It somewhat depends on the game.
In other games?
Only two games have given me this problem: Dream Forge, and Dragonball Online: The Henkan-Sai
In other user accounts?
Not tested, results to be expected the same.
On other computers?
I have no other computers to test this glitch.
When does the problem NOT occur?
On one server of Dragonball Online: The Henkan-sai (Hosted by Striking Chaos), I can connect. When I try to play on my own, or on another person's server (Specifically Tonytheman4852), it gives me the problem.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
This did not occur in earlier versions. I've played games in the earlier 400's, and this is only occuring now.

Workarounds:
None to be found.

I'm not sure if this is a problem you've seen before, but I would like some feedback on the problem.
With Dream Forge, this issue arose after I brought the Linux server's BYOND installation up to date (it was probably a month or two old, but I don't remember the version). If I host an older copy of Dream Forge on the server now, it exhibits the same problems; the interface loads up, but all of the panes are blank, and the game remains unresponsive. The server does not report any runtimes.

A workaround: You can reconnect through the Options and Messages window, and everything will magically work.
You mentioned this doesn't happen in earlier versions, but you didn't mention specifically which ones. Did it happen in 474?

Also, what are the links to the games that exhibit the problem? I'm familiar with Dream Forge but I'll need a link to the other one. As it is I can now confirm seeing this in Dream Forge.
It looks like the old server version was probably 467.1069, which is older than I expected. Sorry that doesn't help narrow things down much. I have been keeping my client up to date for the most part, so I can say that I didn't have any problems there.

(I should have posted that last comment under this key; I am usually logged in as Lord Raven when I'm home--not LostRealm)

byond://75.58.147.238:4852

This would be the proposed Tonytheman's server. I tried to reconnect like I did dream forge, but it did not work.
That doesn't tell me what the hub entry is; it's a direct link to the server. The former is more important.
Curious. This may actually be a bug I encountered recently. I'll wait for the release and check it out.