ID:102602

Resolved
Some servers stopped reporting to the hub over time, making it appear as though they were offline.
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.10
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The game decides to hide from the hub.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Host a game.
2) Wait a while and check the hub.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

N/A

Expected Results:
It shows on the hub.
Actual Results:
It doesn't show.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? 90% of the time.
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
I am not sure.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
None known.
What you're referring to is servers disappearing from the lists on their hub entry pages, and it's not a website issue--it's an issue with the server itself. To investigate this we'll need the following information:

- Which hub entries the games that are hosted belong to (so we can see the issue in action)
- Which BYOND version is hosting the game
Sorry for my late response.
The game it happend is: http://www.byond.com/games/Stargateunlimited/ DragonballZOnlineAdventures

The byond version hosting the game is 477.
I have taken a screenshot to confirm it's running.

When you first gave me the hub entry I saw players online but no record that the server itself had reported in. After joining myself it doesn't show because the server is still expected to report in, and the hub isn't hearing from the server. I'm not entirely positive this is a problem with the backend because I wasn't able to join at one point even though I knew the address; it simply failed to connect me. This suggests there may be intermittent connection problems on your server that are interfering with it talking to the hub. Try running a traceroute to hub.byond.com and see what it says.
My unbuntu server has also experienced this issue, once, after updating it to 477.
It was filled with players, but the hub page said it was empty. I rebooted, and it's been fine ever since.
I never saw it on previouse versions of BYOND. (I updated from 473)
Oh hey, it's happening right now.
http://www.byond.com/games/ TheWizardsChronicles.TWC?tab=index

The game hasn't been down for a couple days, but within the last... 6 hours? It's disappeared from the hub.
The address for the world is: byond://67.23.31.142:6001
It happened again earlier today (after I rebooted yesterday 'cause people were complaining that they thought it was offline).
I'd like to note that calling world's Reboot() doesn't put the hub back online. I had to start another DreamDaemon instance.
Indeed. These kind of things happen, but eh. Like Luminor said It's not server problem... Oh and Hi gat ^^
This happened again today on 477, updated the server to 478 just now and we'll see how it goes.
This issue appears to be fixed with version 478.
Unless Darker Legends is still experiencing it?
Hasn't happened since I updated to 478.
I did improve the ping mechanism in 478 so this is promising. I'll close the issue.