ID:102653

In order to get byond to work on the latest version of wine, you'll require this
http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc60pro/update/1/ w9xnt4/en-us/vc6redistsetup_enu.exe

Once this is installed go into your wine directory and run the new exe there.

This will install the dlls in order to run byond. Once this is installed byond should work on latest versions of wine.

Enjoy!
Running that EXE alone didn't work for me. I ran "winetricks vb6run" to install the VB runtime 6 and BYOND started functioning.
Danial.Beta wrote:
Running that EXE alone didn't work for me. I ran "winetricks vb6run" to install the VB runtime 6 and BYOND started functioning.

did you also run the exe in the wine directory that was created by the installation? and did u install it to the c drive?
I put it on my desktop, and just tried to double click it from there. I suppose I should have launched it as if it was on the Windows user's desktop, but Wine should be able to handle that regardless.
Any idea why it would run so slow...by slow I mean you can't use it at all.
Sinfall wrote:

It runs fine for me. It must be your computer or os.
Gamemakingdude wrote:
Sinfall wrote:

Which distro are you running? I'm running one based off of Debian, that might be part of it.
Sinfall wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:
Sinfall wrote:

Which distro are you running? I'm running one based off of Debian, that might be part of it.

Fedora

Gamemakingdude wrote:
Sinfall wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:
Sinfall wrote:

Fedora

Hmm it seems to slow down more when you start playing games with it and the more you use it the slower it gets...
Can't say I needed to install anything extra, on Fedora 13, Wine 1.3.0. Same for Gentoo.
Yes, instead of stating the latest version of wine, could you state the actual version number.

Distros don't update their packages at the same time and installing wine outside of package management isn't going to be recommended.
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and speed is fine for me.
Stupot wrote:
Yes, instead of stating the latest version of wine, could you state the actual version number.

Distros don't update their packages at the same time and installing wine outside of package management isn't going to be recommended.

This is essential.
This is why my installation guide listed at the top notes the version number, then people complain when it doesn't work on the latest release...
Anyway, thanks for the tip!
hey i have a porblem i click on this link u have above and it says an error occurred while loading the archive anyone know how to fix this

Archive: /home/wojtech/Downloads/vc6redistsetup_enu(3).exe
[/home/wojtech/Downloads/vc6redistsetup_enu(3).exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/wojtech/Downloads/vc6redistsetup_enu(3).exe or
/home/wojtech/Downloads/vc6redistsetup_enu(3).exe.zip, and cannot find /home/wojtech/Downloads/vc6redistsetup_enu(3).exe.ZIP, period.
I am running the latest version of wine on the latest version of ubuntu and am having a problem with Byond. I downloaded this file and it allowed me to run wine but as soon as I try to join any games it shuts the program down.

and as soon as I start byond I get an error box with a red X and no text explanation as to what is going wrong.
You need to post what Ubuntu version (and if it's 32 or 64 bit) and which wine version.
"Latest" doesn't cover it.
32 Ubuntu 10.04 i think.
Once again, read my post again, you didn't provide all of the information ;)
I was also talking to Pattisoncurtis.
I'm running Mint 8 with WINE 1.1.42 and BYOND runs slughish(WINE itself seems to run slow, I might try and see if I can reinstall it. And if that helps.)
every time i download this it just asks do i want to download it, i say yes, and the wine browser goes blank. wdf?
Page: 1 2