So I did this, and while byond used to be dysfunctional, I can only play chat games, the icon sharing game showed up, but no games like paradise city or space station 13 would open

I am on ubuntu 11.04 with WINE 1.2
i'm having issues with it as every time i try to run the file provided on here it won't run, dream maker and all the others won't open and it won't instal vb6run at all it gets an error right after the debug
Did you run - winetricks vb6run

BYOND isn't really working well on WINE you should ideally run a VM or boot into windows...
Alright, I've got byond working on wine and whatnot, but I was curious if anyone can give me some insight as to how DreamSeeker's graphics rendering works.

I've noticed it's blurrier when I run it on Ubuntu (12.10 in case you're wondering) on wine, and it might be anti-aliasing. It is much clearer when I run it on windows.

I'm fairly sure I read that it uses DirectX, and linux doesn't support directx... But I'm not sure what version. I did try installing DX with http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/wine-directx.html , yet this made little difference.

I want to do this with the hardware rendering setting enabled, it is quite slow without it; does anyone know what I might need to do to correct this? The graphics updates are also a tad bit laggier in wine.
The graphics are pretty screwed up in a lot of ways. Tom is apparently looking into other options, so some of those issues may change in the near future.
Clicked the link and it basically told me the page didn't exist
I started running Linux Mint 14 xfce and began running BYOND via Wine with very little problems. I used Winetricks to download mfc42, vcrun6 and wsh56 as suggested by Flame Sage. After that I simply ran BYOND and started playing games. All the chat programs I tried worked perfectly, and I even played a couple of my games and NEStalgia with great results. I can't talk for any other Linux distros, but it works great for Mint 14! I only encountered some annoyances, but every game I tried worked. Sometimes I had to uncheck hardware rendering to make it work.

The worst problem I found was that Dream Maker would get an error if you tried to compile with a map, making game development through wine more or less impossible.
Page: 1 2