ID:1027845

Support or oppose? (Anon)

Support or oppose? (NDAA)

Information explaining both, in case you don't already know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXyLrTRXso&sns=fb
(The description has transcripts of the whole video, so you can read the information faster if you don't want to watch)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ National_Defense_Authorization_Act

Also, I know there are a lot of non-American BYONDers, I am particularly interested in hearing your opinions on the subject.
I didn't read whole information in the YouTube link, but I think this fuss is about following paragraph:
"This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a "battleground" upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity."

And I partially agree with it.
There are murderers who admit killing people, but there's no evidence to support that and they're just walk free. This is where similar law could be useful, it's obvious he's a murderer, so just execute him in the streets.
But on other hand there might be bad cops or false evidence and such law becomes dangerous.

Whole society is wrong, that's why there's always such unfairness.
I wrote a really long post labeling why the whole concept that the media has gotten for 'Anonymous' is completely retarded, but it would of been deleted by a mod for abrasive language I'm sure.

Media is poops.
In response to El Wookie
El Wookie wrote:
but it would of been deleted by a mod for abrasive language I'm sure.

Generally from my experience here, while they do discourage cussing because they want the website to be appropriate for all ages, simply cursing is not enough to warrant action. Has more to do with tonality, usage, and who you're aiming it at.

Anyway, you could just censor yourself you know. I do it automatically pretty often just because I don't feel like I lose very much while not using curse words.

@Both of you: Thanks for sharing. =)
Not sure if srys bsns or... non-srys bsns.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Not sure if srys bsns or... non-srys bsns.

I guess it depends on what you consider srs bidnizz. Some people are unphased by the concept of the indefinite detention clauses in the NDAA. Generally the argument is if you're doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear.

Others take it in slightly a different way.
Support or oppose? (NDAA)

Oppose - I don't understand the urgency for a law such as that and I certainly don't agree with every clause in the NDAA nor do I feel the NDAA in particular was really written to "protect" anybody. With that said, these guys [Congressman/Senators] get classified briefings and I'm sure they may be aware of things that we aren't and therefore the NDAA came to be.

On that note if some horrible scenario with the military occurred and started detaining people, being a US Senator or a congressman sure the hell doesn't make you immune from being detained without reason or cause. But, that is a really highly unlikely scenario.

Having worked with a former congressional aide, he expressed to me his former boss would author legislation that would make him feel as if he was above the law. Even if it wasn't really so. This could be one of those laws.