The beta is up right now, you can check out the hub page here or if you're an awesome guy you can try out the server page on the website. From what I can tell the game seems to run without any major issues, aside from occasional lag spikes caused by what I think are people logging in or downloading resources.
I'll see about recording a short tutorial soon, but in the mean time you can just press F1 in-game to read the help guide. If you find any bugs or have some suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. Here are the latest changes:
- New grenade cooking system! Players may now hold right-click to walk around with grenades ready to be thrown. Releasing right-click will have their character stop to throw the grenade. Throwing a grenade will now automatically pop players out of cover to do so. If killed while cooking a grenade it will fall where the player was standing and go off.
- The HUD has been completely remade. Character information stays in the bottom left, game information has been moved to the bottom right. Weapons now have a bullet gauge, the weapons themselves have larger icons, the health bar has been extended, limb damage indicator has been doubled in size. Team scores now have bars which scale to how many points are needed to win. The bars are also color coded to match team colors or gear colors in Free For All matches.
- Armory HUD has also been completely remade. Players are now able to view weapon stats before buying. Buying a weapon will no longer cause a player to automatically buy it when respawning; players must now double-click a weapon in order to lock it in. Weapons are no longer able to be bought while dead, instead players are able to change which weapons are locked in and will buy them once spawning.
- Team chat has been added! Simply press T to send a message to your team. Team messages are color coded to distinguish them from regular messages which are seen by all.
- Added a brand new 2-6 player map, the Subway Station. The map features impressive custom artwork by Lord Raven and AmonR.
- A new "light" interface mode may be toggled with the use of F3. It uses output boxes rather than screen text and can give a performance boost to people on slow connections or old computers.
- Teams are now sorted according to rank.
- Added bullet shell animations for each weapon.
- Added a pause menu which is accessible through the Escape key.
- Grabbing and returning flags will now award cash.
- Spawning players are now invulnerable for a short time.
- There is now an option under Game Setting to disable the directional damage overlay. It can increase the framerate on some machines.
- Extended frag grenade damage radius.
- Shotgun magazine reduced from 8 to 6. Shoot speed reduced.
- Pistols were getting headshots no matter how fast they shot.
- Cover is now more effective against sniper fire.
- Players are no longer able to shoot while switching weapons.
- Players could sometimes fail to respawn, requiring a server reboot. This has been eliminated and the respawn system has been completely remade and streamlined for more efficiency.
- Ammo packs will now be claimed by those already standing where they're dropped.
- Barrels are no longer erroneously deleted.
- Players walking into an armory while cooking a grenade will no longer get stuck that way. All inconsistencies related to what can and cannot happen in an armory have been removed. Players are still unable to enter enemy armories, flag carriers are unable to enter any armory.
- The "dead click zone" directly over a player's own character has been eliminated. Instead, players clicking themselves will now just point south.
- Various HUD issues have been corrected with the new HUD.
- The dizzy effect from flashbangs did not always have the correct pixel offset.
- When rapidly pressing keys, certain button release combinations were not being detected properly. This has been eliminated.
- The near death heartbeat sound was not always ending.
- Blood pooling reduced, blood management is now tied to global particle limits.
AmonR, TwoTon, Tyren6, Kjjones, MdNight, Joshuaxz, Nevin168, Calus CoRPS, IanTheDragon, Life and Death, StealthDuelist, Special Ops Agent and myself were all able to reach the maximum rank during the last beta, how high can you get?