It wouldn't be, because the skills/magics are made with the intent of raping monsters, classes would be highly imbalanced against each other.

i.e: sorcerer, one flame snake would probably pwn a rogue.
@IronGuy It's NES styled icons, they're the easiest to make, and by him making the game with art like that it makes it feel more legit.

They are good, but it's not really something you -learn-, most people start off making them like this because... well no one shades pixel-art when they first begin (or at least me, and my brother didn't).

Plus they're consistent, it's not like some games where the grass is high-rez but the chars are ugly as aff... afff... afffffff
They are good, but it's not really something you -learn-, most people start off making them like this because... well no one shades pixel-art when they first begin (or at least me, and my brother didn't).

This is far from correct. Most people start by making bad graphics, because they don't have the skill to make good graphics. Bad does not equal 8 bit.

The issue isn't shading or making the item look impressive. When you work with very small graphics, and especially when you work with 8 bit limitations like only 3 colors, it becomes much harder to make an image that adequately conveys information. The skill in pixel art comes from making an image that is high in Information Density, and then making that image look good. A novice will usually fail at both, and there is currently no one else on BYOND working with only three colors per icon, not even the supposed 8 bit developers. Again, bad art does not equal 8 bit graphics.
Who said a sorcerer had to fight a rogue?
Yut Put wrote:
Went solo ~30 waves, died, raged, then did it again.

That's exactly what we like to see: Addiction.
More opportunities to pick a class....
I actually really like CQ, a lot. It's fun.
Iain, can you contact me? I want to buy a custom class.
Wave 63 with only 2 people (And some people who came in and left) Awight!! :D
You know, I don't get much of a chance to play, but subscribing for life was the greatest idea I've had in years.
loved it
...I don't seem to be on the standings board anymore?
Yeah, I'm gone as well.
I am Cheeriozz..
Love it :D
I've been playing as my brother's account cuddlemunch when he isn't on sometimes because he doesn't have a subscription. I will be getting one soon though. This is a great game. :D
Glad to hear all the positive comments. ;)

Version 1.32 has been officially released!
Hi cats - just in case anyone here is into Facebook, join us and like us on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casual-Quest/249354181756312, and feel free to post stuffs. :)
This is definitely one of the better Byond games I've seen but it would be really good if the player could maybe save their stats. Starting from being a noob again every time gets old.
Kyle_ZX wrote:
This is definitely one of the better Byond games I've seen but it would be really good if the player could maybe save their stats. Starting from being a noob again every time gets old.

Glad to hear it! The only problem with that is it becomes an unfair advantage. Players would start off as whatever they want and get a dream team rather than play w/ skill how it's supposed to be played. The other downfall is if there are more than 5 characters, a tier 3 character is much more likely to survive than a tier 1 - so players would have to wait significantly longer amounts of time than others.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10