Casual Quest

by IainPeregrine
A fast paced, casual, multi player action game with a little RPG touch
why was i banned from seferiel's server?
Hosts control their own servers.

Version 1.39 included a bug which gave debug commands to all players. Some players tried the commands out of curiosity. Some players contacted me, and we resolved the issue. (Thanks guys! Much appreciated.)

A small number of players exploited the bug and encouraged others to do the same. This made it impossible to play normally while they were around, and ruined the game experience for others. It seems perfectly logical to ban users who ruin the game for an entire server. This is especially true when it involves spoiling secret content, such as the new class.

If you see an exploit in the future, this is what you should do:
Report it privately.
Don't intentionally trigger/use it.
Don't tell other people about it.
Meh, if that's how it has to be I won't complain.
Thrown up a VPS that'll be up 24/7. Let me know if there are any issues via the pager.
I'm going to see if I can do a live stream of some CQ runs this weekend, in hopes to gather whatever last support for the IGG campaign. I don't expect to reach the $4000 goal, but whatever little bit counts...
Thanks Sudz. Tell me when you know what the link / time will be, and I'll direct people there.
Any plans to re-enable subscriptions? I had a subscription on 'KhaosParadox' but I lost the account details (along with the e-mail) a while back... If I could re-subscribe, that'd be really cool!
Subscriptions are already enabled.
Players that already have a subscription retain them, but new susbcriptions cannot be made: http://puu.sh/84oMt.png
I can confirm what Writing's picture - I've logged into my Non-Sub account, and I don't see the "Subscribe" option that there used to be on the top, and when I follow the Subscribe link in the Help page, it brings me to the page Writing has given.
I tried redoing it. Try again?
Now it does have the Subscribe option, and it says:
Six months - $6.00 (Only option)
Hm. I thought my labtop was good enough to handle streaming. Clearly not. I tried :(
i feel sad when i see people playing yet i cant join...
:(
Woah, wait a minute, I came back to the game for some fun, and I don't have my lifetime sub anymore? Also seems that it's now a timed subscription... I hope this is a mistake, otherwise, it's a pretty dick move.
In response to Megablaze
Megablaze wrote:
Woah, wait a minute, I came back to the game for some fun, and I don't have my lifetime sub anymore? Also seems that it's now a timed subscription... I hope this is a mistake, otherwise, it's a pretty dick move.

According to the CQ hub control panel, you still have a lifetime sub. Let me know what's telling you that you don't have one, and maybe we can fix the issue. Cheers!

PS: Why not just assume it's a mistake? Don't need to go around calling people dicks :/
A little bit of respect goes a long way, you know?
In response to IainPeregrine
I do honestly hope it was a mistake, even if it's mine, I'll try it again. Also, I was a little put off by the timed subscriptions all of a sudden, although I forget the old price...
Yeah, it was my mistake, a few misunderstandings on my part made me think I lost sub, I apologize.
So how's everything going with the new CQ at this point Iain? Your blog has been down for a while now, so this is the only place I could think of to look for you.
Dead, essentially. Laptop is dead, hard drive crashed. These days I have very limited access to the internet or even phone service. Right now I'm visiting a relative to help with their computer problems, so I'm checking my stuffs online.

There's a small chance that the files are on an undamaged portion of the HD that could be recovered by an expert. I could also go back to a version I had backed up from when I had regular internet access - but that's a non-starter. I can't consider that option until my life is back to being stable vis-à-vis food, housing, job, phone, etc.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10