ID:1034330

Keywords: disney, marvel, starwars
How do you guys feel about Disney buying Marvel and Star Wars(Lucas Films???)?

I believe because of this we will be seeing Star War levels in the next Kingdom Hearts.

What are your thoughts?
Well George Lucas can't make another good Star Wars film to save his life. So maybe Disney will actually make the franchise good again.

If they're smart they'll get some people from Bioware in on the next film. The Old Republic is a failure, but the story is still pretty sweet in it.

As far as Marvel goes...meh I don't care. Maybe they'll add in a new Marvel attraction at Disneyland or something.
I was unaware.

However, the deal still needs to be approved. (I'm hoping its not).

On that note, Disney is about the only company that could ruin a Lucas Film worse then Lucas himself.
Um...what?

So will we be seeing the Disney symbol in Star Wars comics/games and in Marvel Comics? I never really followed Marvel heavily so it's no big deal to me. Star Wars is something I've followed for years so I'm worried they'll make it a more magical series, which would seriously be a problem for me. What do I think? I'm not crazy about it because I don't want them to change things to much, I guess we'll see.

Although if they managed to make a new Star Wars Film, good or bad I'd give them at least 20 points... :)
"I believe because of this we will be seeing Star War levels in the next Kingdom Hearts."

Just like all those Marvel levels and characters.

I can't think much of anything that was in KH that wasn't made by Disney. Toy Story was almost put in it for summons, but even those didn't make it.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
"I believe because of this we will be seeing Star War levels in the next Kingdom Hearts."

Just like all those Marvel levels and characters.

I can't think much of anything that was in KH that wasn't made by Disney. Toy Story was almost put in it for summons, but even those didn't make it.

I wouldnt enjoy seeing Marvel characters I think that would be stupid also Toy Story would to. When they add Disney products they will have to think about it thoroughly.

Disney bought Marvel three years ago and are responsible for The Avengers and most of the Marvel movies featuring Avenger characters leading up to it.

As for Star Wars, Lucas pretty much said he was done with the franchise after the last movie, and Disney wants to make three+ more movies, and I'm all for that. I'd rather see somebody try to expand the universe and fail rather than not try at all. I'm no fan boy, so nothing could be ruined for me, it could only provide more entertainment. Even if they're not better than previous movies, they will no doubt be high budget eye candy, and my eyes have a sweet tooth.
In response to Aaiko
Aaiko wrote:
As for Star Wars, Lucas pretty much said he was done with the franchise after the last movie, and Disney wants to make three+ more movies, and I'm all for that. I'd rather see somebody try to expand the universe and fail rather than not try at all.

Yeah that's what I was saying in my previous post. Although I didn't know about the Avengers movies being by Disney. If Disney did make a Star Wars Film, what would they do, go to the Old Republic timeline or Continue the films?
In response to Truseeker
Truseeker wrote:
Yeah that's what I was saying in my previous post. Although I didn't know about the Avengers movies being by Disney. If Disney did make a Star Wars Film, what would they do, go to the Old Republic timeline or Continue the films?

They would most likely go far back in time or far into the future so they have more creative freedom and less backlash from not being able to carry on current stories good enough.
In response to Aaiko
Aaiko wrote:
They would most likely go far back in time or far into the future so they have more creative freedom and less backlash from not being able to carry on current stories good enough.

"The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The new trilogy will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga."

(Don't worry, I'm sure they know the Rage storm brews.)
The next movies will continue with Luke. Ah well, they'll get fresh in about 7-10 years. I can live that long xD (If your 80 years old and a Star Wars fan, I'm so sorry)

There's really not much to explore in the new movies. Most of the gaps between the Episodes have been explored in games, cartoons/movies, comics, novels, etc.
They're all considered to be canon in the Star Wars expanded universe. These new movies would corrupt that, and they'd have to redo their canon structure pieced together by Lucas Licensing. (Which Lucas has confirmed on multiple times is legit in his universe.)
In response to Super Saiyan X
TruSeeker Wrote:
"The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The new trilogy will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga."
(Don't worry, I'm sure they know the Rage storm brews.)

Super Saiyan X wrote:
"These new movies would corrupt that, and they'd have to redo their canon structure pieced together by Lucas Licensing. (Which Lucas has confirmed on multiple times is legit in his universe.)"

See? They're being attacked even now.
the only thing Disney bought was the name, Lucas arts will still make the films(with a different director) but Disney won't intervene.. its just like with all the marvel stuff.
From an Artists point of view it's great, being able to work with all 3 chains of productions that is... It's alot of young artists dream to do Disney, Marvel, or Lucas Arts designs - this just makes it that much simpler.
The biggest reason Disney bought Lucas Films in the first place wasn't because of Star Wars, it was actually a deal-breaker that made it possible when Lucas bundled Industrial Light and Magic in with the sale. Having an in-house cinematographic effects department will end up saving Disney millions of dollars a year. Not to mention the guys at ILM make the animation team at Pixar look like kids making flash movies.