ID:103486

BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Opera 9.80
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If I host a game through a key ABC and then logout from Key ABC and log in key XYZ And leave it, so If the key XYZ is logged into the game(hosted by ABC) so the host name changes from ABC to XYZ

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Log into a key and host a game.
2) logout and then log into some other key.
3) Goto some other computer and log onto the game from the second key(key mentioned in 2nd step)

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Host name to stay the same

Actual Results:
Host name changed to key mentioned in step 2

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

If this was a feature(shouldn't be) then I am sorry if I caused any inconvenience.

I could not confirm this. I hosted DDT.Birdland in my test key in Dream Daemon, then switched to my regular key and logged in to the world via the remote URL. The host name did not change.

What I'm wondering is if you're seeing this for the world.status text of a particular game, in which case that's something the game author has to deal with. You didn't mention which game has this problem, though, or if you've tried this with many games (and if so which ones). That info would be helpful.
I was hosting Server Manager.
I think, because when you logout from BYOND your Dream Daemon updates. And it checks for world Host. I think.
Ocean King wrote:
I think, because when you logout from BYOND your Dream Daemon updates. And it checks for world Host. I think.

But ABC key's pager was on on system A and some one on system B logged on the game from ABC key and the host name changed, Whats up with that o.O?

But we should get a option to update host name or not.
Lummox, when someone uses shell() to host something in the local computer, doesn't that change the host? o.o