ID:103505

BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.11
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:If I try to do anything to an icon or make one, dream seeker becomes unresponsive after one action. It does not say why it has crashed it just does.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1)Open Dream Seeker
2)Open icon file
3)Try to edit icon
4)Becomes unresponsive

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:To continue to run.

Actual Results:Crashes after trying to to one change to the icon.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every time
In other games?
In other user accounts?yes
On other computers?Don't have another computer to test this.

When does the problem NOT occur?This problem didn't occur in early versions.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)Problem occurs in version v. 479 and 478. Problem doesn't occur in any other version.

Workarounds:

I followed your steps but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Do you have a specific icon this happens with more, and a more specific set of steps to follow that might help?
Lummox JR wrote:
I followed your steps but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Do you have a specific icon this happens with more, and a more specific set of steps to follow that might help?

I've been using an icon I created. There are about 24 icons with the environment file. All I do is open my icon file and try to select a part of the icon to rotate. Then it becomes unresponsive and crashes. It does not state why it crashes.
Here's a link to a screen shot I took.
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/meccquest/proof.jpg
That isn't happening for me in my tests. I think I'll need to try this with your icon, which you can e-mail to me in a .zip at [email protected].
I opened the icon you sent me and selected a strip along the left side of one of the pixmaps like you had. I then used the rotation command, and it caused no problems.
Lummox JR wrote:
I opened the icon you sent me and selected a strip along the left side of one of the pixmaps like you had. I then used the rotation command, and it caused no problems.

I'm unsure I think it was just like too many icons in there but all my other icons work fine I just don't know why that one doesn't.