ID:103584

Keywords: beta, darke, dungeon, release
Darke Dungeon is finally available for download. It's still somewhat buggy and many of the features still aren't completely ready, but for those of you craving to host your own DD server, your wishes have been granted! :)

BYOND Members may host the game for others to come play. Unfortunately, my Dantom hosted Darke Dungeon hub is not working right now, so you likely won't be able to host the game for long before it automatically locks the server because it can't confirm the DD hub location. I'm working with Tom to correct this problem ASAP. (The problem has been fixed. Thanks Tom!)

If you want to customize your server beyond the basic hosting admin options, you'll need to get the Darke Dungeon Gamemaster subscription at http://www.byond.com/games/Shadowdarke/ DarkeDungeonGamemaster. GM Subscriptions are $15 for a lifetime subscription, or $13.50 for BYOND Members. Remember that even if you are a Gamemaster, you must have a BYOND membership to host the game.

I encourage fans to advertise the release in any other guilds or venues which might be interested!
i guess you'll be getting your donation soon. releasing it was good enough for me. :)
quick question, if i picked up a hosting plan with someone and bought a gm sub, can i still apply it to that server?
Zxcvdnm wrote:
quick question, if i picked up a hosting plan with someone and bought a gm sub, can i still apply it to that server?

Anyone who is a BYOND member can host. If you are a GM, you can send them your cfg file and customize their server. However, as it stands right now your GM key can only be applied to one active server at a time.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
*** YES

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please keep it clean. :)

The DD Hub is operational now. BYOND members should be able to host the game now. :)
:]
You're LATE!
dat pre-4.0 interface
How do you plan to manage hosting on a shell? The linux DreamDaemon cannot detect what key is hosting the game and therefore if the host is a "member" or not. I understand you wanting to support BYOND, but until such a feature is implemented, you may want to make a special build.
Are you still around?..Cause id like to buy a GM sub...
@SuperAntX: Yep, the DMF is still the default interface from pre 4.0 days, but if you get into the game you will see that I use the browser to great effect. I might remove a couple buttons from the default DMF, but I see little reason to do any sort of major interface overhaul.

@Airjoe: The DDhub just makes sure that they are not using a name that has already been reserved by someone else, and that each GM subscription is only associated with a single hosted instance of the game. Authentication is handled through standard BYOND systems. The DD Hub also reports details about each game server that would just clutter the Play Now page in the BYOND hub, such as server settings.

[Edit!] Oops. I see from another's post that I totally misread what Airjoe meant. As Audeuro pointed out (and then deleted?) you just have to play the game once with your subscribed key to save the configuration settings, then you put that config file on your shell server.

@Seanleonartes: I see that you got your GM subscription. I hope you're having a lot of fun! Thank you very much for your support.
Its soooo complicated xD...But hey i need you to send me a version that will allow me to host it on a shell so me and my friend can play on the same connection.
Seanleonartes wrote:
Its soooo complicated xD...But hey i need you to send me a version that will allow me to host it on a shell so me and my friend can play on the same connection.

Did you try moving the server.cfg file in DarkeDungeon/save/admin to your shell server? (Put it in the same path there.) That should allow it to host.
Its already in there o_O...
Seanleonartes wrote:
Its already in there o_O...

Yes, there will be a cfg file there, but did you copy the one from your windows server you had up earlier to your shell server? It will have your authentication info.
I think your game just crashed the server xD...
Seanleonartes wrote:
I think your game just crashed the server xD...

You should probably tone down the settings a bit then. I noticed earlier that you have it set to allow 9999 monsters per level. That's rather excessive.
Yeah it still isnt working
Excessive ftw >:D
Page: 1 2