ID:103595

Keywords: bgc, development
After an unannounced hiatus and some secret, unannounced development, I find it time to update the few followers of BGC on the progress of the game.

The existing, working games (chess, checkers, and reversi) have all received upgrades and statistic tracking. This means that all of the game's listed achievements are available to get, and I've even instated a few virals that require you to beat developers or testers to receive them.

As for new additions, backgammon, go, and battleship are in the works. After a run-in with icon-size issues, every game now uses 24x24 icons which means a few boards are a bit larger than I had originally hoped:

Oh yeah, did I mention the game board floats in its own window now?

Now that I've finally deployed a decent-looking Go board, I'm looking into the game rules to make it the next playable game. After that, I'll probably brave Battleship, as its situation is unique -- having to keep track of four separate displays to work nicely.
If you need to consult anyone on the particulars of Go, I'll be glad to help. And since I know you like to track game records, I could also help with Go's text-based SGF format spec: http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/
Need consult I do =)

I think I've nailed down the chaining of adjacent stones to refer to the entire group as a single entity for their liberties and whatnot, but I only have a tenuous grasp of the play rules and I'm not entirely sure what I'm still missing, or what might be broken.

Assistance with the SGF format would be appreciated as well. The notation for moves seems to generally be naming the intersections a-s but some of it eludes me.
YOUR GAME BOARDS ARE VERY SEXY MOBIUS EVALON