ID:103613

Not a bug
BYOND Version:479
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 3.6.11
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary: I was unsure where to post this, as it seems to be just a problem with me. But anyway...everytime I use Tab, a question mark appears and something screws up like something which was a line below would suddenly be on the line I was using. Not only that, every tab I've ever used in the code is now a question mark and has produced the same bug.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: I have absolutely no idea how it happened, I was just typing then it started and I can't get rid of it...

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time.

When does the problem NOT occur? It always occurs.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? No it didn't, though I suspect it has nothing to do with BYOND and I just screwed up something.

Workarounds: None.

The most likely explanation is a stuck key.
No, I checked. I've tried most things. Uninstalling then reinstalling, retyping it out, copying and pasting, googling it, but I can't find the solution, it's like this has never happened to anyone before...

This kind of thing used to happen when I used the backward slash (\). A "W" with a slash going through the middle would appear instead of the slash. I'm getting the feeling it's misreading the shifts or something...

It doesn't affect the code, just makes it extremely annoying to read and edit. >_<
Fixed it. I had Show Tabs turned on in the code preferences.