ID:1037547

Not a bug
BYOND Version:497
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 10.0
Applies to:DM Language

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:When trying to set a command to Alt+F4 through a macro it doesn't work, even if the game is set to not be able to closed & thus the macro would be a valid usable macro.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:Set a macro for Alt+F4 & use the macro...it doesn't work.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Created a macro through the interface or in-game where that game has closable on the interface set to false.

Expected Results:
The macro would be usable if can-close is set to false & there-for the macro would have no other default action to do. (The macros window allows you to use Alt+F4 when setting macros no problem, the macro just doesn't work.)

Actual Results:
The macro doesn't fire under any circumstances.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?Always

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Un-tested

Workarounds:

Don't set a macro for Alt+F4.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
This is intentional behavior.
As a curious work-around for setting an Alt + F4 macro, you may have luck setting the F4 macro using the depreciated .dms macro script format. This would work best in the event that you also have an F4 skin macro, as using a scripted macro will fire when just F4 is pressed, and when Alt + F4 is pressed. If a skin macro is defined for F4, The skin macro will be fired when just F4 is pressed, and the scripted macro will be fired when Alt + F4 is pressed.

It appeared to work as expected in a quick demo, So this may be worth a shot to try out.
In response to Higoten
Thank you Higoten, this is very useful information, I will try & see what happens myself.

-Anyways I've tried it & it works, thanks for the help.
The forum_account Keyboard library doesn't seem to do this, when Alt is held & you press F4, it does nothing...I assume because Alt+F4 is a reserved key & all it's doing is setting the macros using winset, which sets macros in much the same way that BYOND does already in stuff like the interface editor or a .dms script file.