ID:1037557

BYOND Version:497
Operating System:Windows 8 Pro
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 10.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you remove the menubar so that there is no menus & you press alt(normally focuses the menubar) your map will still lose focus & give it to I assume a menubar that doesn't exist, or a menubar still technically created with no actual menu items, no actual menubar empty or otherwise however appears.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Remove the menubar... Press alt...focus is gone.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:Focus stays on the map since Alt would have no actual action without a menubar.

Actual Results:Focus is gone when you press Alt.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every Time
In other games?Yes
In other user accounts?Yes
On other computers?Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
Always

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Un-tested

Workarounds:

Leave a menu bar in & not care about the focus change, or just not care about this focus change at all.

Also the other work-around is to set can-close to false which creates a few more issues.

---My use case is that my game doesn't have a menubar & Alt is used for macros, now if you have a macro for like Alt+F3 or something, and hold alt, but decide against using the macro & just let go of alt, now the focus is to the menubar & mouse-overs, mousedown, mouseups, etc...are no longer working since the focus has moved away from the map...this is undesirable behavior to have to click the map over & over....