IainPeregrine wrote:
The idea was that any game that met even one of those criteria would be approved, not that a game would have to meet all of them.

Well, having a gold star and being listed in an official guild sounds good enough anyway. I just went and loaded up the hub to check and surely enough, any game I really didn't think should be allotted points didn't have a gold star.

Some games which did meet those requirements most definitely don't have 50+ regular players. And really, it's not all that hard to fake a player count.

You can't fake a gold star though.
I agree something like gamer scores & stuff should be possible but even some of the Xbox 360 games appear to be breaking the rules of the 1000 gamerscore limit & some games have more achievements total than an Xbox 360 game is meant to have total.

As for PS3, I am not aware of their limitations on their trophies, they just have like 4 different trophies & give you a count of each 4 types of trophies & some kind of level system showing your skill based on trophies earned.

As for not requiring them to moderate it, it will never be possible, even on Xbox 360 those idiots try to boost gamerscore by modding games on the Xbox 360 & the ones caught getting the said game(s) gamerscore/achievements reset & some their whole accounts achievements/gamescore reset, or they just get banned.

Even with guild listings/players/gold star there will need to be some form of moderation for people who would get things to become listed just to move their points higher.
++ if that means i voted =_=
The only problem I could see with this is the fact that a player's medals would have to be checked regularly to make sure that the scores are correct for each medal.
It could just calculate each time it pulls the score
I like the idea of having points to start out with, constant X points in general when the automatic requirements are met, allowing the developer decide how much each thing is worth regardless of the size, and allowing a moderator to increase/decrease the size if deemed necessary.
Page: 1 2