If you use multiple mechanisms for differing projects, please select the option that best demonstrates your preferred or most used mechanism. For the sake of useful results, I have decided to group certain proprietory mechanisms into general types:
- Local PC Only - You have no cause to share most of your projects, and they exist on the local system only.
- Private Remote Storage - You again have no need to share the code, but have opted for an off-site backup solution. Self-sent emails and private locations on hosting you only have access to fit here.
- Shared File Synchronisation Service - This is your DropBox type services, where-by multiple users can "sync" files that are stored centrally on a server.
- Centralised Revision Control - This is your CVS, SVN etc. This option fits both local only deployments, and shared deployments for collaborative work.
- Distributed Revision Control - This is your Git, Mercurial etc. The prime distinction is that these revision control systems have no formal central master copy.
With this information, other developers looking to provide BYOND specific development services can target their products to best fit people's working practices. Thank you for your time and have a good evening.